White Sox Sign Robert to Extension

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, Baron said:

On 670 they are talking about the manager. That's one of the bigger question marks now. Rick and his horrible lineups. 

They just said the Sox are the only team in Chicago with their arrow pointed up.

Cue the Guaranteed Rate logo jokes...

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

I know this is off topic but God I want Mookie Betts in RF.

Offer Boston Vaughn, Dunning, Mazara and Basabe for Betts. Sign Betts to a 7 year $245 extension.

A guy can dream, can't he?

Nah, give that money to Moncada and Giolito and hope either Mazara booms or a guy like Adolfo pans out.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Do you guys think they’ll do something similar for Madrigal?

Maybe, if it is very team friendly. I don't think we need Magical the first month to be honest. I also don't think he is talented enough of a hitter to warrant the risk. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

$76 million dollars guaranteed without ever playing a major league game.  Good for Robert and good for the Sox.

Yeah, one thing I truly find fascinating about this organization is their risk assessment; Jerry is more comfortable guaranteeing someone like Robert, who has never played a big league game, nearly 100 million dollars total, than he is doling out long term deals for veterans. I think the logic here is that Hahn has shown that he succeeds doing this, and Jerry is happy to accept that risk because their is a big potential reward for it. FA contracts really don't have huge possible rewards as they are almost always paid market value. A guy like Robert may actually end up being worth 200 million so Jerry will take the shot on him. It's interesting how they assess risk, and to be honest it's honestly something the White Sox might be the best in all of baseball at doing. 

• Like 1