White Sox Sign Robert to Extension

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

To put Robert's size in perspective, Buxton is about 6'1/6'2 190. 

Robert has 20-30 pounds on the guy but runs at similar top end speed readings. 

Robert would absolutely be playing WR at Alabama if he were American

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Now that the Reinsdorf  Algo was tweaked for Luis, he'll be in the starting lineup come opening day barring the unforeseen.

Between that borderline sadistic roller-coaster ride he put the base through with Harpchado and the crack about keeping the base thirsty (which I firmly believe he said after dealing with this ownership for the last 38 years), Reinsdorf had to outwardly put forth more of an effort.

So, if Robert got paid a microsecond before Reinsdorf intended, good for him.

And here's hoping Madrigal forces the issue with his preseason play.

Had Tatis Jr  been in the organization he would have still be in the minors...no doubt.

Edited by GradMc

13 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Now that the Reinsdorf  Algo was tweaked for Luis, he'll be in the starting lineup come opening day barring the unforeseen.

Between that borderline sadistic roller-coaster ride he put the base through with Harpchado and the crack about keeping the base thirsty (which I firmly believe he said after dealing with this ownership for the last 38 years), Reinsdorf had to outwardly put forth more of an effort.

So, if Robert got paid a microsecond before Reinsdorf intended, good for him.

And here's hoping Madrigal forces the issue with his preseason play.

Had Tatis Jr  been in the organization he would have still be in the minors...no doubt.

Cool but who fucking cares

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Just bought 10 game pack including Opening Day!  My first ever Opening Day!!

I've been going for the last couple years, but now actually feel the need to make inside before the game starts, which is new.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And I said it before, but you just can't say this very often about the White Sox; they are the best in baseball at this and it's a really important and underrated aspect of rebuilding and sustaining success/window. The Cubs didn't extend anyone and now they are in a tough spot because they are up against the tax and they can't pay their young stars due to overpaid FA's. This is an excellent move by the White Sox to maximize their window, even if it does take on a bit more risk.

And that is why the Hayward signing was a terrible move from day 1.

I love the the forward-thinking aspect of these types of signings.  Fair deal for everyone involved while maintaining flexibility in roster construction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I've been going for the last couple years, but now actually feel the need to make inside before the game starts, which is new.

I live so close to the park that its always just easy to walk over and snag tix from the box office.  But w/ the Robert signing and other additions I really wanted to finally make it to an Opening Day.   😁😁

This must end any Bryant-esque grievance concerns the Sox may have had.  Madrigal isn’t the hyped up talent Robert is and he hasn’t completed a full season at AAA.  I think the Sox will be able to call him up after the deadline without much fuss.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mike Trout came up as a 6'2 220 lb CF'er.

Luis Robert is coming up as a 6'2 220 lb CF'er. 

I'm not saying but I'm just sayin'.

wonder if Robert can also dunk.  Trout is just a specimen. He has a 30"+ vert as well as world class speed, quickness and hand eye coordination.

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

The lack of walks and strikeout rate are partially what holds me back from saying Robert is a sure fire star in the making. 

But does he really have a low walk rate?   In Cuba from age 16-18 he had 600 at bats and had 80 walks and 100 strike outs.  Ok it's not American...but it is professional baseball...probably low A level?   For comparison sake Jose Abreu 16-18 years in Cuba had 700 at bats, 69 walks and 88 strike outs.  Cespedes had 600, 62 and 125; Yasiel Puig had 600, 69 and 88.  That looks like he has a better eye than any of those good major league hitters.

In the Dominican league at age 19 for the Sox he had 82 at bats with 22 walks and 23 strikeouts...short season and DSL...but still...didn't look like a disaster of a batting eye.  

At 20 he had the thumb injury most of the year.  At 21...ok walk to strike out rate was not good but when you are hitting .330 with 70+ extra base hits...don't take a walk seems good advice.