White Sox Sign Robert to Extension

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

By wRC+, he would have been one of only 3 players since 1960 to be above 200 - Bonds, Mcwire and Thomas. 

One player since then came within 1 point (199) of the 200 barometer. Can you name that player? I was shocked to see who it was.

Only one player since 1960 or since Frank?

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

By wRC+, he would have been one of only 3 players since 1960 to be above 200 - Bonds, Mcwire and Thomas. 

One player since then came within 1 point (199) of the 200 barometer. Can you name that player? I was shocked to see who it was.

Jeff Bagwell?  Ha, not even close.  I guess I had the year sorta right tho, or something.  Never, ever would have guessed who it actually is.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I posted the picture from insta - I know he looks good with his frame but that is not what a strong "lean" guy looks like at all.

I think Robert is so freaking athletic he still has enough speed to stay in CF even with another 15-20 LBS. I couldn’t say he’s more athletic than Trout, but Trout is playing at 240 these days. I think whether he could stay there or not would be determined by whether his instincts catch up to his athleticism.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Jeff Bagwell?  Ha, not even close.  I guess I had the year sorta right tho, or something.  Never, ever would have guessed who it actually is.

Required 500 PA so I don't think the person you're thinking of counted. 

Brett was 5th at 198.

Harper 6th at 197. 

4th is a former White Sox. That is the only clue.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mike Trout came up as a 6'2 220 lb CF'er.

Luis Robert is coming up as a 6'2 220 lb CF'er. 

I'm not saying but I'm just sayin'.

That's interesting because they are actually quite different physical types. Trout fits your description of "bulky". Robert is chiselled, or as someone here said, "sinewy," which is a very good choice of words.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubba P5 said:

Dick Allen

Dick Allen

This is the answer. Pretty incredible peak for Allen. I always knew he was good, but I had no idea he had a historically great offensive season like that.

And now he posts on Soxtalk. Amazing turn of events.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

3 players since 1960.

3 players have done it - counting Frank. McGwire, Thomas and Bonds. 

1 player came up 1 point short at 199. That player shocked me.

Was it Albert Belle ? His 2nd year with the whitesox was incredible. He was almost a 50/50 guy. 2bs, hrs. 

Edited by smellysox

4 hours ago, steveno89 said:

Betts is likely looking at 10/$370 million in free agency, the Sox will not be touching numbers like that

We have many extensions needed over the next several years to be overspending on outsiders.  It's how you end up like the Cubs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is the answer. Pretty incredible peak for Allen. I always knew he was good, but I had no idea he had a historically great offensive season like that.

Dick Allen was incredible in 1972.  I might be wrong but I think he still has the highest single season Offensive WAR of any Sox player. 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Screenshot-20200102-151716-Messages.jpg

I mean, guys. That isnt Torii Hunter on the left.

I just saw this photo, for the first time. He has added a considerable amount of muscle, in the last couple of years, but his body fat is still very low. That is the most impressive physique that I've ever seen, for a baseball player. 

5 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Do you guys think they’ll do something similar for Madrigal?

Yes...when I predicted extensions for Robert & Madrigal this past Summer...I was overwhelmingly told maybe Madrigal but not a chance for Robert since he already had his big payday.  Rick understands how this extension game is played.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I just saw this photo, for the first time. He has added a considerable amount of muscle, in the last couple of years, but his body fat is still very low. That is the most impressive physique that I've ever seen, for a baseball player. 

It's one of the better ones I've seen for a PED user as well he didn't skip core day one fucking time to train biceps!  I personally DGAF about that shit and think most pro athletes (well over 50% ) are on them.  Just don't get caught.