White Sox Sign Robert to Extension

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, Bubba P5 said:

Dick Allen was incredible in 1972.  I might be wrong but I think he still has the highest single season Offensive WAR of any Sox player. 

When we got Dick Allen...I truly didn't know a baseball could be hit that hard.  He was just a joy to watch at bat.  You just didn't go for a hotdog or bathroom break when DA was gonna bat this inning.

Luis Robert is a six-tool player.

The sixth is his baseball IQ which is off the charts.

Robert is the most natural baseball player to play for the White Sox since Dick Allen whom I note without his presence there would very likely not be a baseball team on the Southside anymore.

A side note is that Dick Allen was one of the greatest players in a era that was dominated by pitching with a much higher mound and like his contemporaries such as Willie Mays, Henry Aaron, Frank Robinson, Roberto Clement, Ernie Banks and Al Kaline how this magnificent natural ball player cannot be in Cooperstown is a tragedy.

Read up about Marvin Miller and the player who got the issues in 1972 during the strike was the soft spoken coming to Chicago slugger.

Dick Allen may have been as great a base runner as that I have ever seen and like Mr. Robert, Dick Allen has that special baseball IQ.

Anyone here want a refresher on the man who saved the franchise ask Steve Stone or Bill Melton what they thought and felt about Allen.

With all due respect minus someone like Barry Bonds Allen played in the toughest pitchers era and using a 42 ounce bat hit some of the longest golf ball shots ever seen.

Also one of the very best knowing how to hook slide.

A bit early but Luis Robert is hands down the single most natural ballplayer since Dick Allen to come on the scene.

Roberts speed is off the chart for a man his size.

Looks more like Terrell Owens or Jerry Rice than a regular baseball player.

I first saw him when he was 17 and this guy if he stays healthy is going to be a truly special ball player.

Plus the way he carries himself is like from another era.

Fans are going to be thrilled watching him man CF.

Once again the most gifted natural ballplayer since Dick Allen.  

Watch this guy run.

A thing of pure beauty.

Like a great thoroughbred racehorse.

Mr. Robert can most definitely take it to the bank.

One other thing is this young man loves to play the game of baseball.

Stay tuned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Huh? 

Man, people need to slow down on the expectations. The odds of this team being as good as the 93 and the 94 White Sox is incredibly slim.

Why?  Dreaming of everyone producing is part of the fun.  This lineup is loaded and the pitching has potential to be very good.  No reason to talk our chances down.

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why?  Dreaming of everyone producing is part of the fun.  This lineup is loaded and the pitching has potential to be very good.  No reason to talk our chances down.

Well, the reason why is we were similarly excited to bring in LaRoche, Robert, Cabrera...obviously, the young core makes this a different situation, but there's nothing automatic in baseball.

Let's hope that "Winning the Offseason" is something that we can also agree upon at the end of the following regular season as well.

Surely the Phillies "won" the last couple of offseasons, but still don't have a playoff appearance to show for their efforts, as of yet.

38 minutes ago, Minoso-Pierce-Allen-HOF said:

Luis Robert is a six-tool player.

The sixth is his baseball IQ which is off the charts.

Robert is the most natural baseball player to play for the White Sox since Dick Allen whom I note without his presence there would very likely not be a baseball team on the Southside anymore.

A side note is that Dick Allen was one of the greatest players in a era that was dominated by pitching with a much higher mound and like his contemporaries such as Willie Mays, Henry Aaron, Frank Robinson, Roberto Clement, Ernie Banks and Al Kaline how this magnificent natural ball player cannot be in Cooperstown is a tragedy.

Read up about Marvin Miller and the player who got the issues in 1972 during the strike was the soft spoken coming to Chicago slugger.

Dick Allen may have been as great a base runner as that I have ever seen and like Mr. Robert, Dick Allen has that special baseball IQ.

Anyone here want a refresher on the man who saved the franchise ask Steve Stone or Bill Melton what they thought and felt about Allen.

With all due respect minus someone like Barry Bonds Allen played in the toughest pitchers era and using a 42 ounce bat hit some of the longest golf ball shots ever seen.

Also one of the very best knowing how to hook slide.

A bit early but Luis Robert is hands down the single most natural ballplayer since Dick Allen to come on the scene.

Roberts speed is off the chart for a man his size.

Looks more like Terrell Owens or Jerry Rice than a regular baseball player.

I first saw him when he was 17 and this guy if he stays healthy is going to be a truly special ball player.

Plus the way he carries himself is like from another era.

Fans are going to be thrilled watching him man CF.

Once again the most gifted natural ballplayer since Dick Allen.  

Watch this guy run.

A thing of pure beauty.

Like a great thoroughbred racehorse.

Mr. Robert can most definitely take it to the bank.

One other thing is this young man loves to play the game of baseball.

Stay tuned.

You should change your screen name to TL;DR. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

ZZZZZZ; there stubbornness with Luis Robert is just ludicrous at this point.

And their defense of saying he's just another Lewis Brinson is incredibly lazy. Moreover, saying "there are concerns about him in CF" contradicts basically every report about his defense

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Screenshot-20200102-151716-Messages.jpg

I mean, guys. That isnt Torii Hunter on the left.

Luis Robert's  Twitter is  @LuisRobert56  and he hasn't posted that picture, at least not that I recall. 

Luis reminds me of a larger, stronger version of Tim Anderson or, I hate to say, another young Sox outfielder that ended up playing for  the Cubs. Tell me the Sox gave Robert  an extensive physical and  drug test before they signed him.   Kopech was using peds before he came to the Sox.  It wouldn't surprise me if Luis used them at some point as well since that shit is as common as Gatorade in gyms where  guys are pumping iron and trying to bulk up.

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

When we got Dick Allen...I truly didn't know a baseball could be hit that hard.  He was just a joy to watch at bat.  You just didn't go for a hotdog or bathroom break when DA was gonna bat this inning.

I saw Dick Allen hit a George Offman-esque "towering," opposite field, line drive off a Royals pitcher (I think it was Paul Splittorf). If the upper deck wasn't in the way, the ball would have sailed onto the Dan-Ryan Expy.

47 minutes ago, tray said:

Luis Robert's  Twitter is  @LuisRobert56  and he hasn't posted that picture, at least not that I recall. 

Luis reminds me of a larger, stronger version of Tim Anderson or, I hate to say, another young Sox outfielder that ended up playing for  the Cubs. Tell me the Sox gave Robert  an extensive physical and  drug test before they signed him.   Kopech was using peds before he came to the Sox.  It wouldn't surprise me if Luis used them at some point as well since that shit is as common as Gatorade in gyms where  guys are pumping iron and trying to bulk up.

Kopech was suspended for a stimulant not a muscle building PED. The drug would have nothing to do with his build. 

51 minutes ago, tray said:

Well that's his instagram and he absolutely posted the picture. That's a screen shot of it posted by him.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

I saw a similar shot when Kirk Gibson hit one over the RF roof at Old Comiskey....an inning or two after the Bull hit one on the LF roof. 

Kittle is the one remember with the rooftop shots. He hit them a long way.

Thomas hit the hardest ones. He just hit them straight and didnt upper cut them. He hit one so hard at me in left center that it was still rising as it went over me at the wall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Kopech was suspended for a stimulant not a muscle building PED. The drug would have nothing to do with his build. 

" Oxilofrine is a stimulant of the amphetamine class ...Currently on the World Anti-Doping Agency's list of banned substances, it is considered a performance-enhancing drug. "

https://www.milb.com/south-atlantic/news/red-sox-no-10-prospect-kopech-suspended/c-136960248

6 minutes ago, tray said:

" Oxilofrine is a stimulant of the amphetamine class ...Currently on the World Anti-Doping Agency's list of banned substances, it is considered a performance-enhancing drug. "

https://www.milb.com/south-atlantic/news/red-sox-no-10-prospect-kopech-suspended/c-136960248

That's what I said. It's a stimulant not a muscle building type PED. Its banned like amphetamines. 

To those of us who refused to bury Hahn, we look good now. So many people had wanted to axe Hahn after Manny fiasco. Many of us were like meh, give him some more time, even those of us who added a caveat that we despise tanking. Now Hahn is a hero on the south side. Put together a plan for the pitching staff and we may win 105 games. Cmon Coop, get to work and develop a plan before ST.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tray said:

I saw a similar shot when Kirk Gibson hit one over the RF roof at Old Comiskey....an inning or two after the Bull hit one on the LF roof. 

One of the great what-ifs: What if Kirk Gibson could have stayed healthy? When he came up he looked like the next Mickey Mantle — or Mike Trout.