2020 Hall of Fame Voting

flavum

36 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

1) why is it not ok to cast doubt on unsubstantiated claims?  We’re now required to believe every claim of racism at face value?  Schilling has a very good point that if something like that happened in Fenway, in the liberal cesspool of Boston, that there would be at least some corroborating witnesses to the claim.  

2) I agree that ultimately schillings math probably isn’t accurate (but it isn’t wildly off either), but the actual comparison between the two groups is not off.  

if ignorant people are scumbags in your mind, then that constitutes almost the entirety of the country.  

People are allowed to be ignorant, as everyone is ignorant on something here or there. The difference between being ignorant and being a scumbag is whether or not you ignore facts and continue to hold the same beliefs after you've been educated on the nuances of a particular subject. 

I have an invisible disability and it's really hard for people to grasp that. I give others plenty of time to try to grasp it, but eventually if they continue do deny its existence, I can't do anything about it. At that point, people cross the line from just being ignorant to closed minded. If they actively campaign for political candidates that hurt other people or threaten their humanity, then you cross the line from closed minded to scumbag, because at that point you're part of the problem. 

It's about open-mindedness to other perspectives and experiences on life, and that sometimes, people live a sheltered existence. How much were you exposed to other cultures as a kid has a lot to do with it. I believe a lot of ignorance is based on lack of exposure, and once exposed it changes people's minds, unless you're just an asshole. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, ChiSox1917 said:

1) why is it not ok to cast doubt on unsubstantiated claims?  We’re now required to believe every claim of racism at face value?  Schilling has a very good point that if something like that happened in Fenway, in the liberal cesspool of Boston, that there would be at least some corroborating witnesses to the claim.  

2) I agree that ultimately schillings math probably isn’t accurate (but it isn’t wildly off either), but the actual comparison between the two groups is not off.  

if ignorant people are scumbags in your mind, then that constitutes almost the entirety of the country.  

Just STFU with this BS. Why is this stuff on Soxtalk? No reason to promote this kind of garbage.

Hate and discrimination isn't political; it's morally wrong. Hating Muslims or blacks isn't a "right or left issue;" it's a piece of shit and not piece of shit issue.

As is the case with most ignorant racist pieces of trash, proof and facts don't matter.

Schilling has promoted violence against people different from him or those who have disagreed with him. He spread stereotypes about people who he didn't understand or agree with. He promoted the lynching of media members... He spread some perverted connotation that transgender people were predators. Schilling is trash. I don't understand many things in life, but I don't draw conclusions because I'm scared, ignorant or naive. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

People are allowed to be ignorant, as everyone is ignorant on something here or there. The difference between being ignorant and being a scumbag is whether or not you ignore facts and continue to hold the same beliefs after you've been educated on the nuances of a particular subject. 

I have an invisible disability and it's really hard for people to grasp that. I give others plenty of time to try to grasp it, but eventually if they continue do deny its existence, I can't do anything about it. At that point, people cross the line from just being ignorant to closed minded. If they actively campaign for political candidates that hurt other people or threaten their humanity, then you cross the line from closed minded to scumbag, because at that point you're part of the problem. 

It's about open-mindedness to other perspectives and experiences on life, and that sometimes, people live a sheltered existence. How much were you exposed to other cultures as a kid has a lot to do with it. I believe a lot of ignorance is based on lack of exposure, and once exposed it changes people's minds, unless you're just an asshole. 

So anyone that supports trump is a racist.  Do you not see the irony in the close mindedness of your position?  

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just STFU with your bigoted and ignorant bullshit. Why is this stuff on Soxtalk?

Hate and discrimination isn't political; it's morally wrong. Hating Muslims or blacks isn't a "right or left issue;" it's a piece of shit and not piece of shit issue.

As is the case with most ignorant racist pieces of trash, proof and facts don't matter.

Schilling has promoted violence against people different from him. 

its on soxtalk because idiots like yourself seem to want to smear a guy and misrepresent statements he’s made to make him out to be worse than he is.  I didn’t start this discussion.  

I agree discrimination is morally wrong.  We’re not debating that.  We’re debating whether what schilling has publicly stated amounts to discrimination.  I think you have to be completely nuts to come to that conclusion. 

the only group schilling has arguably promoted violence against was journalists, and even that was him just retweeting an edgy shirt.  Not something any sensible person would believe he was truly advocating for.  If you think he has advocated for actual violence against any group of people in society, than it should be pretty easy to find a quote of his where he clearly does so.  

Edited by ChiSox1917
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

So anyone that supports trump is a racist.  Do you not see the irony in the close mindedness of your position?  

its on soxtalk because idiots like yourself seem to want to smear a guy and misrepresent statements he’s made to make him out to be worse than he is.  I didn’t start this discussion.  

I agree discrimination is morally wrong.  We’re not debating that.  We’re debating whether what schilling has publicly stated amounts to discrimination.  I think you have to be completely nuts to come to that conclusion. 

the only group schilling has arguably promoted violence against was journalists, and even that was him just retweeting an edgy shirt.  Not something any sensible person would believe he was truly advocating for.  If you think he has advocated for actual violence against any group of people in society, than it should be pretty easy to find a quote of his where he clearly does so.  

So he didn't insinuate that trans people are acting that way to abuse women and be creepy? Gotcha.

He didn't insinuate that Muslims = Nazi's? Gotcha.

He didn't insinuate that media members should be lynched because they don't agree with his views? Gotcha.

Spare me your bullshit. Thanks.

You'd be nuts to think Curt Schilling doesn't like Muslims and discriminates against them? My lord you are a blowhard clown.

"Just retweeting an edgy shirt." STFU. When you have tons of followers, retweeting a promotion of violence isn't just doing something edgy; it's a promotion of the act to those who may be less "stable and reasonable." Enough with your excuses. Your blinders are on, and I'm not going to waste another second of my life going back and forth with someone promoting this BS. Nothing funnier than when someone who is close minded, racist and bigoted is critical of those who are accepting by saying "why don't you accept me!" 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1