Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flavum

2020 Hall of Fame Voting

Recommended Posts

Davidoff has my same ballot except he has Sosa, and I have Kent. I should like this, but voting for Sosa is so wrong...and it has nothing to do with him being a Cub. He just wasn't good enough in every area of baseball other than hitting roided up homers. He's not a Hall of Fame player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Davidoff has my same ballot except he has Sosa, and I have Kent. I should like this, but voting for Sosa is so wrong...and it has nothing to do with him being a Cub. He just wasn't good enough in every area of baseball other than hitting roided up homers. He's not a Hall of Fame player.

He was clearly on roids but the fact that he's out and Ortiz will walk in even though they failed the same 'test' is infuriating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mqr said:

He was clearly on roids but the fact that he's out and Ortiz will walk in even though they failed the same 'test' is infuriating. 

Some of it has to do with admitting it and living with the consequences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Some of it has to do with admitting it and living with the consequences. 

If the Cubs broke their World Series drought behind Sosa, it would be a completely different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Some of it has to do with admitting it and living with the consequences. 

I think it has more to do with Sammy Sosa being a big deal at the time and being propped up in front of congress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mqr said:

I think it has more to do with Sammy Sosa being a big deal at the time and being propped up in front of congress. 

Didnt he pretty much just lie to Congress as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Didnt he pretty much just lie to Congress as well?

He pretended to not speak english well so the Congresspeople basically ignored him and asked stuff of the other guys. His lawyers and he read a statement saying he had never "injected anything illegal", but which left taking anything in any other form or having done something while in a different country uncovered. The perjury investigation of him ended in 2010 as the statute of limitations ran out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

He pretended to not speak english well so the Congresspeople basically ignored him and asked stuff of the other guys. His lawyers and he read a statement saying he had never "injected anything illegal", but which left taking anything in any other form or having done something while in a different country uncovered. The perjury investigation of him ended in 2010 as the statute of limitations ran out.

Got it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoynes from Cleveland gave Konerko a vote, which is cool. Obviously PK wasn’t a 1% guy, but 400+ hr with one team, multiple AS games, ALCS MVP, team captain, and a credit to the game...he’s the type of guy you want to honor. 
Looks like Walker will be close. I think he gets over the line. I hope Gammons couldn’t sleep last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about Schilling is this. 

Racism is not a political opinion. Sending out memes and tropes that disenfranchises and advocate violence against the media, muslims, and the LGBTQ community is not a political opinion. Doing that sort of behavior is morally wrong and against what freedom in America stands for. 

Yes, Schilling has the right to express his opinion, but racism and attacking various minorities is wrong, morally wrong. 

And there is a morals clause to getting into the Hall of Fame. Schilling should never get in. 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

The thing about Schilling is this. 

Racism is not a political opinion. Sending out memes and tropes that disenfranchises and advocate violence against the media, muslims, and the LGBTQ community is not a political opinion. Doing that sort of behavior is morally wrong and against what freedom in America stands for. 

Yes, Schilling has the right to express his opinion, but racism and attacking various minorities is wrong, morally wrong. 

And there is a morals clause to getting into the Hall of Fame. Schilling should never get in. 

Combined with losing $75 million in taxpayer monies...if he was in the billionaire/“job creator” class right now, it’s probably enough to push him over the top.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2012/07/23/38-studios-end-game/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

The thing about Schilling is this. 

Racism is not a political opinion. Sending out memes and tropes that disenfranchises and advocate violence against the media, muslims, and the LGBTQ community is not a political opinion. Doing that sort of behavior is morally wrong and against what freedom in America stands for. 

Yes, Schilling has the right to express his opinion, but racism and attacking various minorities is wrong, morally wrong. 

And there is a morals clause to getting into the Hall of Fame. Schilling should never get in. 

Well that's all been normalized now so we might as well put some red marker on our socks and commemorate the inevitable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

morally wrong. 

you cant throw out claims in a false virtue signal on a baseball message board and just assume people will accept your claims of schilling trying to incite violence. I on the other hand can call you brainwashed because I have proof based on the fact you think having American first opinions makes someone morally inferior to someone else. :)

 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I'm still astounded that he did this.

why do you care how rhode island spends its money?

 

13 minutes ago, flavum said:

Walker is in. 76.6%

well deserved

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schilling and Vizquel are probably getting in next year. Might be a smaller crowd in Cooperstown in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

you cant throw out claims in a false virtue signal on a baseball message board and just assume people will accept your claims of schilling trying to incite violence. I on the other hand can call you brainwashed because I have proof based on the fact you think having American first opinions makes someone morally inferior to someone else. :)

 

why do you care how rhode island spends its money?

 

well deserved

And he's the one who used that freedom of speech to threaten journalists. The people who determine whether or not he gets into the HOF. He basically delayed his own induction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm still astounded that he did this.

That article is such an adventure. He showered his employees with benefits and gifts and then hung them out to dry when shit hit the fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

you cant throw out claims in a false virtue signal on a baseball message board and just assume people will accept your claims of schilling trying to incite violence. I on the other hand can call you brainwashed because I have proof based on the fact you think having American first opinions makes someone morally inferior to someone else. :)

 

why do you care how rhode island spends its money?

 

well deserved

I'm astounded that Schilling somehow fucked up with a well received game by deciding his next step should be an MMO, which is a massive leap. Not by Rhode Island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

The thing about Schilling is this. 

Racism is not a political opinion. Sending out memes and tropes that disenfranchises and advocate violence against the media, muslims, and the LGBTQ community is not a political opinion. Doing that sort of behavior is morally wrong and against what freedom in America stands for. 

Yes, Schilling has the right to express his opinion, but racism and attacking various minorities is wrong, morally wrong. 

And there is a morals clause to getting into the Hall of Fame. Schilling should never get in. 

Schilling did not advocate violence against any group (except arguably as a joke towards journalists).  

Schilling tweeted that there are clear comparisons between EXTREMIST muslims and nazi's (which there absolutely are) and that many people are uncomfortable with laws that allow men into women's locker rooms which is not an avocation of violence towards either group, and further, is not at all morally wrong.  

Edited by ChiSox1917
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Konerko got 10 votes. I’m fine with it.

Somebody voted for JJ Putz.

Edited by flavum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm astounded that Schilling somehow fucked up with a well received game by deciding his next step should be an MMO, which is a massive leap. Not by Rhode Island.

From the article, I thought he wanted to make an MMO to begin with. Cause he thought it'd make him a billionaire. He wanted to rival WoW. He was probably way in over his head about the time and resources required to build a game that big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

From the article, I thought he wanted to make an MMO to begin with. Cause he thought it'd make him a billionaire. He wanted to rival WoW. He was probably way in over his head about the time and resources required to build a game that big.

Not sure what came first, but his company did create a game called Kingdoms of Amalur or something like that, and it was a very highly rated game.  It wasn't an MMO though.  It also didn't sell well because it had absolutely zero marketing behind it.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×