Will Harris to Nats

asherwood12

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Same.  3/$24 are fine numbers, but not for a 35 y/o.

Horrifying deal for an age 35 reliever.  The last two years of the deal could easily be money burned in the fireplace like Alonso and Jay last year.

Still some good options...

Cishek, Hudson, McHugh, Stammen...

Edited by Moan4Yoan

I wonder if this further pushes the NOT Steve Cishek guy being an insider?  He just tweeted tonight that the Sox were aggressively pursuing Harris but reported that they were in on Cishek too.  Maybe the Nationals topped the Sox offer with this ridiculous deal so now the Sox pounce on Cishek instead?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Better to go for Hudson, Cishek, Stammen, etc.

Way too expensive, considering you're locked in for 3 years and the first (and best) is likely going to be the least competitive of those three years.

McHugh seems like the ideal choice...but not sure if they can get him for under $10 million.   Kind of sucks to be spending another $10 million if they wouldn't have missed on their evaluation of Herrera, but it's not that big a deal if we can find a solid reliever over the next three years.

The problem is that McHugh isn't the classic, 7th/8th inning high leverage guy in terms of stuff...more like a Sergio Romo.  Which might still be okay.   If there's ONE thing that we've learned in the last decade, it's that you can never have too much starting pitching.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I wonder if this further pushes the NOT Steve Cishek guy being an insider?  He just tweeted tonight that the Sox were aggressively pursuing Harris but reported that they were in on Cishek too.  Maybe the Nationals topped the Sox offer with this ridiculous deal so now the Sox pounce on Cishek?

He says (claims?) he's a burner for someone. At this point it's becoming hard to believe he ISN'T someone of importance.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

The problem I see with Cishek is that he got absolutely lit up in the 2nd half of last year. His ERA didn't show it, but his peripherals were terrible. There is a lot to like about him though. His statcast numbers on EV and Hard Hit % are excellent and he's been pretty consistent throughout the years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I wonder if this further pushes the NOT Steve Cishek guy being an insider?  He just tweeted tonight that the Sox were aggressively pursuing Harris but reported that they were in on Cishek too.  Maybe the Nationals topped the Sox offer with this ridiculous deal so now the Sox pounce on Cishek instead?

George Ofman also tweeted those two guys this afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thank god we passed on that

I was thinking the Sox might be balk at 2 years. Good for Harris sweating it out and getting the money but I want no part of that. 

• Like 3