Will Harris to Nats

asherwood12

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The problem I see with Cishek is that he got absolutely lit up in the 2nd half of last year. His ERA didn't show it, but his peripherals were terrible. There is a lot to like about him though. His statcast numbers on EV and Hard Hit % are excellent and he's been pretty consistent throughout the years. 

He was injured a good part of the 2nd half I believe 

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Oh God, Steve Cishek sucks.   Send out the kids for all I care, don't overpay for that side-arming junk.  

The Sox already have two guys who may be in the bullpen that could be flier one year wonder types in Marshall and Cordero.  Sign someone with a bit of consistency.  Not someone for 3 years and $24 million.  A cheaper guy.  But it’s only a little bit of money dude.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

14 minutes ago, raBBit said:

George Ofman also tweeted those two guys this afternoon. 

I was thinking the Sox might be balk at 2 years. Good for Harris sweating it out and getting the money but I want no part of that. 

He first tweeted Sox interest in Harris, Cishek, and Diaz on Monday.  Of course, it could just be throwing a bunch of shit at the wall.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOTCishek/status/1211865782126338048

20 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He first tweeted Sox interest in Harris, Cishek, and Diaz on Monday.  Of course, it could just be throwing a bunch of shit at the wall.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOTCishek/status/1211865782126338048

Interesting, thanks. I am not of the belief that this person doesn't have some sort of inside info.
)

51 minutes ago, raBBit said:

George Ofman also tweeted those two guys this afternoon. 

I was thinking the Sox might be balk at 2 years. Good for Harris sweating it out and getting the money but I want no part of that. 

I figured at most he would get 2 years given his age.  Good for him going 3 years, but no way I do that if I'm the Sox.  

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Not that I want him in the pen or anything, but is Nate Jones planning on attempting yet another comeback? Is he still under contract with the Sox or is that over with?

The Sox traded Nate Jones to the Rangers, along with international slot money, last trade deadline for a couple bum arms to avoid paying out Jones’ $1.25 million dollar buyout.  The Rangers paid it in October and Jones is a free agent.

Rangers acquired RHP Nate Jones, international slot compensation and cash from the White Sox for RHPs Joe Jarneski and Ray Castro.

33 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Not that I want him in the pen or anything, but is Nate Jones planning on attempting yet another comeback? Is he still under contract with the Sox or is that over with?

I believe he was traded to Texas and has since been released.  

32 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The Sox traded Nate Jones to the Rangers, along with international slot money, last trade deadline for a couple bum arms to avoid paying out Jones’ $1.25 million dollar buyout.  The Rangers paid it in October and Jones is a free agent.

Rangers acquired RHP Nate Jones, international slot compensation and cash from the White Sox for RHPs Joe Jarneski and Ray Castro.

14 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I believe he was traded to Texas and has since been released.  

Ah, yes, thank you both for refreshing my memory. What a shame his career ended up being. Such potential to be an elite arm and injuries just derailed him.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Guess I’m alone that I would have been happy with this deal. Sure, maybe the 3rd year would be a waste, but I think Harris will have excess value at 2/16. He’s been consistently getting it done for a long time, I see no obvious reasons that he will suddenly fall off. 

Going three years for a 35 year old middle reliever is playing with fire. The fall off could happen at anytime, especially with bullpen pitchers. 

Sox likely had a two year offer on the table, but were unwilling to go to three years for Harris. 

I've liked Hudson all along with Cischek as fall back if we don't sign Hudson.  I believe we only need 1 of the two with the likes of Rodon, Kopech, Covey and possibly Stiever filling the bullpen.  If Kopech and Rondon make it back as a SP we can move Lopez and his 99 mph heat to the bullpen, and don't count out Herrara having a bounce back.  The man threw gas in KC not too long ago.

The Sox will have to trade for an arm.  
They could probably trade Engel for a decent arm; one that's not fully developed, but with potential.  And before you stop laughing, take a gander at the available CF free agents, where Kevin Pillar stands tall.
Maybe someone like Feliz from the Pirates.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

The Sox will have to trade for an arm.  
They could probably trade Engel for a decent arm; one that's not fully developed, but with potential.  And before you stop laughing, take a gander at the available CF free agents, where Kevin Pillar stands tall.
Maybe someone like Feliz from the Pirates.

Engel doesn’t get you anything.  Many teams have an all glove no bat fourth outfielder.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Double negative. It's better to say you believe he has sources to be more clear to all.

Actually, he might not have any clue whether the guy has sources, which is why your way of wording it wouldn’t work in this case. He’s not sitting there thinking, “this guy doesn’t have sources,” but he’s also not sitting there thinking that this guy does have sources. He just isn’t sure one way or another, which is why he worded it the way he did. 

Wow, my head hurts now. 

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Actually, he might not have any clue whether the guy has sources, which is why your way of wording it wouldn’t work in this case. He’s not sitting there thinking, “this guy doesn’t have sources,” but he’s also not sitting there thinking that this guy does have sources. He just isn’t sure one way or another, which is why he worded it the way he did. 

Wow, my head hurts now. 

And mine doesn't, since I don't have to explain myself. Thanks