Cuban Phenom defecting Oscar Colas

PolishPrince34

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If he follows James on a regular basis at least he knows the right guys to pay attention to when they tweet.

Yes, I'm pretty sure he just copies what James says. It's probably somebody that views this forum

What I do find funny about this fake Cishek guy is that he's been posting under fake Cishek all winter about Sox stuff, and well before Cishek actually signed with the Sox. Which makes you wonder if this guy does indeed have a source within the org. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, SouthWallace said:

Wasn't NOT St*ve just tweeting about the White Sox getting involved in the now complete Betts deal?🙄

I have no doubt that the Sox are in on Colas, but do not believe fake St*ve has any real info. 

Eh his tweet just said that Sox liked all the Dodgers-moved players and maybe could try to fill the void. Didn’t say they were.

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

He'd make a great politician

I mean I don’t know if you’ve ever read baseball tweets before but that’s pretty standard. This tweet clearly goes further, but many on this board would equate the two.

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

I mean I don’t know if you’ve ever read baseball tweets before but that’s pretty standard. This tweet clearly goes further, but many on this board would equate the two.

Yeah, I do believe him. I think he does seem to know someone connected to the whitesox or a mlb front office. Not alot of followers. He has explained why his Twitter account is called fake Steve Cishek. He's a Mariners fan not a Sox fan. I really can't find anything that he's been blatantly wrong on. He's made some suggestions and stated some opinions. But anything from his source has been  correct. Some may feel they were just lucky guesses and that's fine - so be it. I  just feel he's passing on information when he hears it. 

Edited by smellysox

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I was joking, and I actually do believe that he has some legitimacy. I just think the Dodgers tweet was worded in a way that would give him credit if a trade occurred, but would not tarnish his reputation if nothing happened. In other words, he might as well have not tweeted it

If we get this guy we have more potential stars than any team has had in a long time. Hate to bring it back to RR, but he's got to make us win with potential superstars in Yoan, Robert, Eloy, Timmy, Madrigal, 

and already very good players/all star types in Grandal, Abreu, EE. Not to mention Cease and Kopech and the Astros guy.

Our only weakness is bullpen and we have average guys to work with there it seems.

49 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If we get this guy we have more potential stars than any team has had in a long time. Hate to bring it back to RR, but he's got to make us win with potential superstars in Yoan, Robert, Eloy, Timmy, Madrigal, 

and already very good players/all star types in Grandal, Abreu, EE. Not to mention Cease and Kopech and the Astros guy.

Our only weakness is bullpen and we have average guys to work with there it seems.

Reed..?

It would be really nice to get a LH power hitting OF. Hopefully we can get him over to Team Cuba.

• 4 weeks later...

OF Yoelkis Cespedes will soon be an FA and have a workout for the teams. Likely to be in the next signing group in July. Built like a fireplug and they say he wants a quick path to the bigs. His brother bought him a house in FL. Sounds like a pass for the Sox.