Farewell, Ryan Cordell

Moan4Yoan

Mets signed OF Ryan Cordell to a minor league contract.

The former highly-touted prospect struggled at the dish last year with the White Sox, slashing a paltry .221/.290/.355 with seven home runs and 24 RBI in 247 plate appearances. Cordell will serve as organizational depth for the Mets, who already have plenty of outfield options at the major league level.

Source:  https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/minor-league-transactions-nov-3-dec-17-2019/

27 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Mets signed OF Ryan Cordell to a minor league contract.

The former highly-touted prospect struggled at the dish last year with the White Sox, slashing a paltry .221/.290/.355 with seven home runs and 24 RBI in 247 plate appearances. Cordell will serve as organizational depth for the Mets, who already have plenty of outfield options at the major league level.

Source:  https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/minor-league-transactions-nov-3-dec-17-2019/

I wish him well.  Has speed, power, can catch the ball and a good arm...just couldn't put it all together.  Seemed like a very nice guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I wish him well.  Has speed, power, can catch the ball and a good arm...just couldn't put it all together.  Seemed like a very nice guy.

I still think he’s gonna be a productive MLBer in the right situation. He’s basically Engel, but with much more potential as a hitter and less speed (though not by much)

9 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

What about Skole and Goins?

Goins had the best K to W rate on the entire team!

Mendick is likely the guy to replace Goins.  Goins and Skole are 30+ year old career minor leaguers.  Goins just had a lucky few at bats and the Sox realized this.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Mendick is likely the guy to replace Goins.  Goins and Skole are 30+ year old career minor leaguers.  Goins just had a lucky few at bats and the Sox realized this.

Don't think Goins was lucky, he was hitting well in AAA. He would have been good to have AAA this season for depth but I'm not making a big deal out of it.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Ryan Cordell is emblematic of White Sox baseball since 2013. He represents everything we struggled to watch as baseball fans. Yes, its important. 

Except no, no its not.  He is a AAAA guy that got a look during the ugly stages of a rebuild.  Like a lot of dudes given plenty of chance to show something but didn't.  If you want to hold a torch for the guy and all his AAAA compatirates by all means go ahead, but don't quote my posts while you do it.

Edited by SouthWallace

22 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

He was a fine fielder that couldn't hit.  I wish him the best and all, but I'm not going to shed a tear that he's gone.  And has been gone for 2 months -  never accomplishing anything that deserved its own thread on my favorite message board...

Yet you posted three times in this thread.  😂

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Except no, no its not.  He is a AAAA guy that got a look during the ugly stages of a rebuild.  Like a lot of dudes given plenty of chance to show something but didn't.  If you want to hold a torch for the guy and all his AAAA compatirates by all means go ahead, but don't quote my posts while you do it.

Then... just move on with your damn life instead of commenting and replying to everyone. How about that? If a thread about Cordell is a waste of time, why are you wasting your time in here? GMAFB

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

He was a fine fielder that couldn't hit.  I wish him the best and all, but I'm not going to shed a tear that he's gone.  And has been gone for 2 months -  never accomplishing anything that deserved its own thread on my favorite message board...

t. Verizon

1 hour ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Then... just move on with your damn life instead of commenting and replying to everyone. How about that? If a thread about Cordell is a waste of time, why are you wasting your time in here? GMAFB

And here you are quoting my posts again for no good reason. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SouthWallace said:

So glad you took a stand. Someby has to. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

Dude then just don't read it..... Scroll by... Sheesh