Jose Rodriguez is worth monitoring in White Sox system

Rankin

Thanks all, I'm (as well as @SoxAce and the rest of the Rodriguez STANs) are hoping for big things from Jose this year.

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

74 ks to 18 bb in the lowest minor league levels isn't a good sign. Hopefully he can improve on this. Seems like he has a good swing.

THAT was your entire takeaway from the article, nothing else? LOL man, you stay true to your shtick that's for sure. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Quin said:

Holy hell, learn other statistics and evaluation tools. Especially when scouting teenagers.

Now we've solved the mystery of why Tatis was traded...his numbers in AZ (extended spring training) were fed into a spreadsheet that spit out "strikes out too much, doesn't walk enough."

Boom.  All of White Sox L.A. prospects gone. 

"You don't walk off the island," as they say in the Dominican.  Statniks/OPS devotees unhappy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rankin said:

Sleepy Harold makes his FutureSox debut!

Give his story a read, which focuses on a potential diamond in the rough among Sox prospects, HERE.

Rankin  I know it's still a little early but when are we going to get a new top 30 prospect list at futuresox?

17 hours ago, Quin said:

Holy hell, learn other statistics and evaluation tools. Especially when scouting teenagers.

You may be right when considering 18 year olds k to walk, but once a player gets in 20's the k to w you see in the minors usually carries over to the majors. And a 5 to 1 k to walk rate is not a hitter I'm interested in, or if I am he better hit with the average of Tim Anderson.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:15 AM, SoxAce said:

I was pretty adamant about Rodriguez in the FutureSox thread most of the year. Hell I made a thread about him towards the end of the year here. 

Needless to say I like his start and the tools.

Definitely one of my favorite follows. Great Falls will be loads of fun, presumably, next year. 

• Rankin unpinned this topic