Steve Stone stays in White Sox booth

Tnetennba

1 hour ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Jason and Steve are the best White Sox pairing in my lifetime, so I'm glad he's sticking around.

They are a good pair - a great pair! But my favorite pair is Hawk and Wimpy. Those late 80's and 90's broadcasts were great. Alot of good memories and good whitesox teams then. I really do believe the sox would have went to the WS in 94 had it not been for the strike. I  remember Hawk finding out live on air of his very good friend Don Drysdale passing away and Wimpy having to take over for an inning or 2. 

But I really do enjoy the Steve and Jason pairing. Better than the Steve and Hawk pairing and much better than the Hawk and Darren pairing.

Edited by smellysox
  • Like 2

This is great. As much as I loved Hawk he got to be crotchety old guy. Stoney is somehow 72 years old but sounds and acts like he's 52. or 42. 

These 2 guys make it fun. Hawk had finally gotten too grouchy. Good luck Stoney and Jason. You two are a delight.

2 hours ago, smellysox said:

They are a good pair - a great pair! But my favorite pair is Hawk and Wimpy. Those late 80's and 90's broadcasts were great. Alot of good memories and good whitesox teams then. I really do believe the sox would have went to the WS in 94 had it not been for the strike. I  remember Hawk finding out live on air of his very good friend Don Drysdale passing away and Wimpy having to take over for an inning or 2. 

But I really do enjoy the Steve and Jason pairing. Better than the Steve and Hawk pairing and much better than the Hawk and Darren pairing.

Hawk & Wimpy in their prime were the best!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, poppysox said:

Steve & Jason have a much easier job now.  Actually have baseball to talk about without relying on the standup routine.

couldn't stand their stand up routine early in the season.  i hate puns.  

when the stuck to discussing baseball, they were enjoyable to listen to.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smellysox said:

Hawk and DJ in their last year was the absolute best. It took them forever to hit their stride but once DJ kind of accepted Hawk was the voice of the booth they became amazing...just in time for DJ to be relegated to radio. Now Farmer and DJ are the worst pairing of all time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hawk and DJ in their last year was the absolute best. It took them forever to hit their stride but once DJ kind of accepted Hawk was the voice of the booth they became amazing...just in time for DJ to be relegated to radio. Now Farmer and DJ are the worst pairing of all time.

You're right about the radio. That is rough to listen to. I miss John Rooney.