Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

Sox Sign Cishek; 1 yr, $5.25 mil + option (6.75, 750k buyout)

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

An arm!

I admittedly know nothing of him other than the name.  Any good?  Anything left?

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I really like this for 1 year!!! So who is out now?

Jose Ruiz

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I admittedly know nothing of him other than the name.  Any good?  Anything left?

He's been very good for the last 3-4 years.

• Like 3

He's way better than people seem to think. Excels at getting weak contact. The only concern I have with him is the slight increase in his walk rate 

• Like 5

Hopefully the cubs didn't break him with his 150 appearances in the past two years

• Like 3

Not a bad deal - I didnt love any of the relievers this offseason so I'd rather be committed to one for a shorter period of time.

Smith worries me with his age, stammen is just another guy who has ups and downs and is really old. Cishek still has + stuff but his age and injury are of concern... which makes the 1 year pack a good deal.

I would have preferred spending the extra money to get an elite arm like Betances.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Someone needs to explain to me why he's so much cheaper than Stammen and Harris though. Especially Stammen, because I am not seeing it. 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hopefully the cubs didn't break him with his 150 appearances in the past two years

He was definitely their safety blanket, as he wore down last year. I love his fit in our pen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Pretty much sums it up. Like the move today, but who the hell knows with bullpen arms year-to-year. Just got to collect as many as possible, and figure it out as you go.

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

This has gotta be it right? It's nice to have everything tied up in a bow a week into January vs nail biting into March.