Sox Sign Cishek; 1 yr, $5.25 mil + option (6.75, 750k buyout)

Heads22

1 minute ago, cjgalloway said:

Why would anyone run OUT of relievers now?

Trust me, rickie will figure out a way to fuck it up.   I can see him using intentional walks in order to get matchups.  It's another layer of strategy now with pinch hitters as well and I can see other mangers being more prepared.  Not maybe running out of pitchers, especially given 26 man roster, but just putting the Sox in bad spots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Trust me, rickie will figure out a way to fuck it up.   I can see him using intentional walks in order to get matchups.  It's another layer of strategy now with pinch hitters as well and I can see other mangers being more prepared.  Not maybe running out of pitchers, especially given 26 man roster, but just putting the Sox in bad spots.

He could just use the pitcher in the game already to dish out an intentional walk. But I don't forsee an issue running out of guys. Especially with the new rule. 

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This doesn't make much sense. I think ricky tends to overuse his good arms if anything.

We are HOT!!!!

I knew Cishek was good watching him on the Cubs, but looking at his numbers he has only two season with an ERA over 3.00 (3.17in 2014 & 3.58 in 2015). Thats super impressive and if continued, even worthy of HOF votes.

Edited by Chisox378

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I doubt it on Ozuna. I can't see them forfeiting the 49th pick for a short term deal. Ozuna got bad advice. 

I tend to agree, but as a counterpoint - we just gave up Walker, who was the 46th pick just a year and a half ago (and had played pretty well in the low minors), for 2 years of Nomar Mazara.

19 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I still expect a utility infielder to be brought in. Someone who can play 2nd, SS, and 3rd.

well yeah, there will be several more signings, but the major additions (i.e. discussions around Diaz) I'd imagine are over. Still plenty of MILB and depth pieces. Nothing to rest on pins and needles.

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's out of options.  He is in the pen, or in another org come OD.  

Yes, part of my point. I don't believe he'd pass through waivers being young and a first round pick and not sure if he's worth much if anything in trade. Do we just let him go or give him one last shot, which would mean one less roster spot.

Just now, AJSOX said:

Yes, part of my point. I don't believe he'd pass through waivers being young and a first round pick and not sure if he's worth much if anything in trade. Do we just let him go or give him one last shot, which would mean one less roster spot.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they decide to give him one last shot if he has a decent ST.  

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Yeah, I’m expecting him to be on the opening day roster, to be honest. Give him one last shot and then cut ties if it doesn’t work out. 

May be a little easier for him to clear waiver in season than just before too.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

May be a little easier for him to clear waiver in season than just before too.  

Good call. I’ll be pulling hard for him, and not just because I’ll naturally be rooting for the Sox. On a personal level for Carson, it would be great to see him turn it around. 

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Good call. I’ll be pulling hard for him, and not just because I’ll naturally be rooting for the Sox. On a personal level for Carson, it would be great to see him turn it around. 

For sure.  Hard not to feel for the kid.  

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Have to be careful walking a righty. 

• Haha 1