Fegan via source: Cishek deal last major deal for Sox this offseason

Buehrle>Wood

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I am starting to think the Sox will hold onto Collins as insurance; it sucks for Collins, but with Edwin and McCann only signed through next year, an opportunity could open up next year for him. 

Agreed. The question becomes...is he better off in AAA or getting limited reps with the Sox?  

17 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I am starting to think the Sox will hold onto Collins as insurance; it sucks for Collins, but with Edwin and McCann only signed through next year, an opportunity could open up next year for him. 

Which is undoubtedly the correct way to handle this situation.  He has plenty of options.  He'll get his chances in MLB in 2020, and things open up a bit in 2021 if he deserves further chances.  

On 1/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, HOFHurt35 said:

Would have hoped they could convince Zobrist for on last run.  He'd be a solid piece on the bench, and platoon for RF.  Hell, start at 2B out the gate. 

One 37 yr old playing DH is enough .Adding a soon to be 39 yr old expecting him to play 2nd base and OF coming off a terrible season would be really pushing your luck.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Ironically, there has not been one piece of news about any team other than the Sox being interested in Yolmer.  Surprising.

Yeah it is weird.  You'd think a guy coming off a gold glove season, no matter how dead his stick was, would have a bit of chatter.

3 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Yeah it is weird.  You'd think a guy coming off a gold glove season, no matter how dead his stick was, would have a bit of chatter.

If he had hit last season like he did in 2017, he probably gets over $10 million for two years.  But that OBP matching your SLG is too weak to overcome, gold glove or not.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

22 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If the Sox bring back Yolmer, it will be for cheap. I’m fine with it at this point because his talent will finally be utilized correctly. He’s not going to get 600 at-bats anymore. He’s fine as a defense oriented utility infielder.

From your fingers to Ricky’s brain...  hopefully.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

On 1/8/2020 at 10:26 AM, Moan4Yoan said:

Chuck Garfien was on The Score this morning and he thinks that the Sox will still add an infielder to play 2B until they call up Madrigal.  He mentioned Yolmer Sanchez and Brian Dozier.

I remember a few seasons ago when the popular opinion was that Dozier was going to be a hot item at the deadline as a rental and then go on and sign a big deal in the offseason. It never transpired that way thanks to his poor hitting after he got traded to (IIRC) the Dodgers.

I think you keep Collins at AAA and if he continues to improve then he becomes a more valuable trade piece, especially as a catcher. If he becomes so good you have a good problem on your hands. You can keep him or trade Mccann for some help. No reason to rush, its not like he tore it up yet and is some rising prospect. I think you would sell on the cheap now with minimal bargaining power since teams know we are just dumping him.

• Like 2