White Sox future outlook thread

SonofaRoache

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There's also a ton of recent Sox video's from MLB Network here

https://www.mlb.com/video/search?query=Chicago White Sox&tag=teamid-145

Three alone on the Robert signing .

A long interview with Bennetti on the Hot Stove Show.

Over 7 minute Interview with Keuchel on Hot Stove.

Interview with Cooper about Keuchel and Gio Gonzales on SiriusXM

A segment on the Encarnacion signing with Joel Sherman and Steve Corcoran of the Athletic showing how the Sox players acquired addressed their worst areas and used sOPS+ to show it. Most here used the WAR stat

I used that stat a few days ago with a post on Mazara's ground ball , fly ball and ground out stats for the 1st time ever and couldn't remember seeing anyone else ever use it until i just saw that Encarnacion segment where they brought up how bad RF and DH, CF and 2nd base were in 2019  Kind of cool just using something brand new to me and seeing it used on a show. Just shows you can teach an old dog new tricks as long as the tricks aren't too complicated.

DaughterofaRoache got into some trouble today at work, so I'll try to post vids tomorrow. 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:19 PM, Chris Sale said:

Abreu was 9, as was McCann. Still annoyed Giolito was snubbed from even the honorable mentions, but as was said, he’s really not much of an analyst. What do you all predict for Moncada tomorrow?

Yeah, Giolito should have made the honorable mention list over Darvish.

MLB.com polled front office exec's to see which rookie prospect will have the biggest impact in 2020. The results were:

1) Gavin Lux, SS/2B, LAD, (35% of votes)
2) Jesus Luzardo, LHP, OAK, (19%)
3) Brendan McKay, LHP/DH, TB (15%)
4) Jo Adell, OF, LAA (8%)
5) Sean Murphy, C, OAK (8%)
6) Luis Robert, OF, CWS (8%)
7) Bobby Dalbec, 3B/1B, BOS (4%)
8. MacKenzie Gore, LHP, SD (4%)

Edited by SonofaRoache

5 hours ago, Princess Dye said:

As we shift to win-now, it becomes easier to have Sox players become 100% targets on the message boards. I foresee Mazara and ReyLo as being the new guys to draw the mega-ire of the fandom.  A title previously held by Avi 

Reylo was spared last year because of Covey, Banhim, Fulmer, Edwin, Des Plaines, etc. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

You need to do a tutorial for mlb site videos. It told me the files were too big. Thank you though, great videos. I also encourage you all to listen to the chuck garfein podcast with david Kaplan. 

Found those on youtube where you can just copy and paste the url and it works. Can't do that on MLB Network site or even NBCSN.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Madrigal voted highest baseball IQ. There's a certain flavor to most of the guys considered to have a high baseball IQ on that list.

I'm guessing it could equally be applied to QB's, point guards and gritty middle infielders like Eckstein/Pedroia?

SIGH.

Baseball scouts/front office execs still haven't changed...not THAT much.   They do list Royce Lewis (biracial) and Latin American prospect Wander Franco, but can't say it's altogether surprising.

Edited by caulfield12

52 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Madrigal voted highest baseball IQ. There's a certain flavor to most of the guys considered to have a high baseball IQ on that list.

Andrew Vaughn also got a vote there and was second for best hit tool. Burger would've probably been up there too if he actually was healthy. Sox have done a good job in regards to that lately.