Sox may have interest in Maybin, per fake Cishek

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Someone here mentioned him in the past because he’s a righty bat who can also play all three outfield positions but he’s actually a better hitter against righties than lefties.

If you believe in Leury‘s ability against LHP, then I’d rather go with Maybin as our 4th OF than Engel.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you believe in Leury‘s ability against LHP, then I’d rather go with Maybin as our 4th OF than Engel.

True, anything that gets Engel off the roster is fine with me.

Late game defensive play when the Sox have a lead could be Leury and Maybin in the corners with Eloy and Mazara coming out of the game.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Is Maybin better defensively than Engel?  

Probably not but he can actually hit a bit.  Like CWS said, he would make a much better starting outfielder than Engel if one of the starters went down with an injury.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

11 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

He has gotten A LOT right about the White Sox this offseason.

Maybe I'm missing something but all I see is him piggybacking off a lot of mlb writer talk.   He has thrown a lot out there that can't really be verified (the cease trade talk, McCann and Collins possibly being traded)

i dunno

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Maybe I'm missing something but all I see is him piggybacking off a lot of mlb writer talk.   He has thrown a lot out there that can't really be verified (the cease trade talk, McCann and Collins possibly being traded)

i dunno

He’s about as close to being borderline insider that I’ve seen.  He could be legit or he could just be throwing a bunch of shit against the wall.  It could go either way.

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

i dunno

He predicted Cishek was someone Hahn wanted, Robert's extension was making big progress, and he said Grandal was their top target.

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

i dunno

He had the Mazara stuff about twenty minutes before the MLB rumor guys broke it

28 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

He has gotten A LOT right about the White Sox this offseason.

No, he has not. Here is what Cishek has done; every time a rumor has been reported by someone, he has taken it a step further and said the Sox were working to finalize something. Sometimes, it happened and he "looked" right. Other times, he just moved on and pretended he never said it. 

He didn't get anything first - he piggy backed off of other reports.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He predicted Cishek was someone Hahn wanted, Robert's extension was making big progress, and he said Grandal was their top target.

He named every reliever that was left on the market that could be considered solid.

He SAID NOTHING about Grandal before the signing.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Cisek was an easy call. Jimmy had Roberts extension waaayyyy before this guy did, and he still wants credit, and he called Grandal after the fact.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, he has not. Here is what Cishek has done; every time a rumor has been reported by someone, he has taken it a step further and said the Sox were working to finalize something. Sometimes, it happened and he "looked" right. Other times, he just moved on and pretended he never said it. 

He didn't get anything first - he piggy backed off of other reports.

The guy has sources.

He said the Sox main RP targets were Harris and Cishek, and Diaz via trade. After Harris was signed he predicted Cishek to Sox and he was sign a couple days after. While they may have been an easy guess, he also called the Robert extension being very close right before the signing announced. The most telling of all was when he called the Mazara trade 20 minutes before announced when no one else had sources.

It’s really not that crazy to think someone have sources connected to the org and are trying to make a name for themselves on Twitter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

The guy has sources.

He said the Sox main RP targets were Harris and Cishek, and Diaz via trade. After Harris was signed he predicted Cishek to Sox and he was sign a couple days after. While they may have been an easy guess, he also called the Robert extension being very close right before the signing announced. The most telling of all was when he called the Mazara trade 20 minutes before announced when no one else had sources.

It’s really not that crazy to think someone have sources connected to the org and are trying to make a name for themselves on Twitter.

Those were the best relievers on the market and the only ones that made sense for the Sox who were interested in relievers and had stated such to Merkin.

He didn't call the Robert extension - Jimmy reported it, and then another national writer said they were making progress and right after that he tweeted it out. 

He also was NOT the first person to report the Mazara trade as has been cited here. He piggybacked off another national writer - might have been Nightengale, I can't remember for sure - and that was that. I followed the guy to see if he was first on anything after he was originally cited here - I also follow all the national/local writers for most teams. He was never first, and frequently piggy backed all his reports of national and local reports.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Cisek was an easy call. Jimmy had Roberts extension waaayyyy before this guy did, and he still wants credit, and he called Grandal after the fact.

Mazara, Robert, Ciscek.  He called Cicsek like 2 weeks before ever happening.  Didn't he call Encarnacion?  Didn't he also say we had the highest offer for Wheeler?  I mean clearly he's been wrong on some stuff.  Everyone is.  But he also clearly has some inside sources.