Sox may have interest in Maybin, per fake Cishek

soxfan49

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

True, anything that gets Engel off the roster is fine with me.

Late game defensive play when the Sox have a lead could be Leury and Maybin in the corners with Eloy and Mazara coming out of the game.

You want Cameron Maybin to be your late-game defensive replacement? He's not a good defender though?

I know people are tired of Engel because he represents a bad period in White Sox baseball, but he'd be a fantastic 4th outfielder. He's an elite defender and baserunner. This team has plenty of offensive firepower now.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The way I look at it, if there is an injury to an OF and we need someone in the lineup for maybe a couple of weeis at a time, who would I rather see in the lineup everyday: Engel or Maybin? The guy I would prefer I want as my 4th OF.

Granted, I would rather have a better corner bench bat to platoon with Mazara/start in LF or RF if there is an injury but the team does need someone who can fill in in CF. 

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I know people are tired of Engel because he represents a bad period in White Sox baseball, but he'd be a fantastic 4th outfielder. He's an elite defender and baserunner. This team has plenty of offensive firepower now.

Couldn't agree more. Engel seems like a pretty ideal (realistic) 4th outfielder IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Couldn't agree more. Engel seems like a pretty ideal (realistic) 4th outfielder IMO

Ra Ray is 100% correct on this.  Adam can come in and steal a base late in a game and give you outstanding OF play.

How many times have we watched this in the playoffs with guys like Jarrod Dyson and others.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He named every reliever that was left on the market that could be considered solid.

He SAID NOTHING about Grandal before the signing.

Yes he did. This account he tweets from now is new. His old one, where he was blocked and banned, is where he mentioned Grandal.

10 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Ra Ray is 100% correct on this.  Adam can come in and steal a base late in a game and give you outstanding OF play.

How many times have we watched this in the playoffs with guys like Jarrod Dyson and others.  

Dave Roberts' stolen base in game 4 in 2004 for the Red Sox vs NYY still lives in glory in Boston.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He didn't call the Robert extension - Jimmy reported it, and then another national writer said they were making progress and right after that he tweeted it out. 

This isn’t true. James reported the Robert talks, then over a week later Cishek said they were close, then 24 hours later the deal was announced. There was no national reporter who said they were close before Cishek did

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This isn’t true. James reported the Robert talks, then over a week later Cishek said they were close, then 24 hours later the deal was announced. There was no national reporter who said they were close before Cishek did

The extension was discussed nationally that day - nothing final but it was discussed.

Also, he said the Sox were close with Will Harris and 1 hour he signed with the Nats lol. Why do people chose to ignore this anecdote while citing this guy?

If you want to know why fake insiders exists - which is a common question around here - you answer that question every time you give this guy attention.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The extension was discussed nationally that day - nothing final but it was discussed.

Also, he said the Sox were close with Will Harris and 1 hour he signed with the Nats lol. Why do people chose to ignore this anecdote while citing this guy?

If you want to know why fake insiders exists - which is a common question around here - you answer that question every time you give this guy attention.

I was on break and therefore on Twitter a lot the day Cishek tweeted the Robert deal was close, and I promise you nobody with any status was talking about the deal that day. The tweet was out of left field. It was the following morning that people started talking about it due to Arenado trade rumors.

And people choose to ignore the Harris thing because that’s not what he said. I don’t have sources myself but I regularly talk to people who you all know and trust, and I’ve heard Maybin as a target multiple times this winter. I agree with your take on fake insiders but this account doesn’t fit that mold, IMO

14 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Haha, as I read that post, I was thinking..."I remember Dyson and maybe Dave Roberts back in the day...can't really think of anybody else."

Every playoff team has some speedster that is only used for pinch running late in games in the playoffs.  You guys act like this is some novelty.

I'm just saying engel fits that mold and goes one step better with being a outstanding OF

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I was on break and therefore on Twitter a lot the day Cishek tweeted the Robert deal was close, and I promise you nobody with any status was talking about the deal that day. The tweet was out of left field. It was the following morning that people started talking about it due to Arenado trade rumors.

And people choose to ignore the Harris thing because that’s not what he said. I don’t have sources myself but I regularly talk to people who you all know and trust, and I’ve heard Maybin as a target multiple times this winter. I agree with your take on fake insiders but this account doesn’t fit that mold, IMO

I will also say that some of the stuff he’s been wrong on was definitely in play but just didn’t matriculate the Sox way (Wheeler, Harris, Cease trade).  Only two things I thought were off the wall was the Madrigal/Gallen proposal and Mazara not being the main man in RF.

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Every playoff team has some speedster that is only used for pinch running late in games in the playoffs.  You guys act like this is some novelty.

I'm just saying engel fits that mold and goes one step better with being a outstanding OF

But boy oh boy is it fun to watch them have to bat in a close game (I’m looking at you T. Gore)

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

But boy oh boy is it fun to watch them have to bat in a close game (I’m looking at you T. Gore)

LOL!!!  That Gore at bat for the Cubs could quite possibly be the worst at bat I have ever seen in my life.  Which game was that?  I need to find a video of that epic failure.

Edited by Moan4Yoan