Sox may have interest in Maybin, per fake Cishek

soxfan49

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

...by repeating everyone else and spamming names? Got it.

Except he hasn’t. He hasn’t gotten everything right, but even someone with sources doesn’t always get it right.

I wouldn’t consider him reporting Sox were in on Harris as spamming, Sox could very well have been, and looking at the deal he signed it’s obvious Sox wouldn’t have beaten that.

I will also say that while Jimmy was first to report Sox and Robert were talking extension, fake Cishek was first to report the two sides were close to a deal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Except he hasn’t. He hasn’t gotten everything right, but even someone with sources doesn’t always get it right.

I wouldn’t consider him reporting Sox were in on Harris as spamming, Sox could very well have been, and looking at the deal he signed it’s obvious Sox wouldn’t have beaten that.

I will also say that while Jimmy was first to report Sox and Robert were talking extension, fake Cishek was first to report the two sides were close to a deal.

yea, I think he has real sources... he's gotten some stuff right and other stuff really close that was confirmed by others. 

At the very least, its a fun twitter follow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

yea, I think he has real sources... he's gotten some stuff right and other stuff really close that was confirmed by others. 

At the very least, its a fun twitter follow.

Yea you never know and everyone posts far less reliable twitter sources just for kicks . So there's no harm in posting a guy like Fake Cishek. If you want to think he's legit, great. If you think he isn't, great too. Discussing whether or not you think he is legit doesn't change the fact that you won't ever know for sure. He stays on top of things re: the White Sox so it's all good.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is a good way of summing it up. Engel > Maybin if the role is simply being a late inning defense and running guy. But Maybin > Engel when one of the starting OFs gets hurt and misses 3 weeks, and it’s quite likely that such a scenario occurs next year. So a cheap one year investment in Maybin would be wise IMO

Honestly, this just sold me.  If any of our starting OFs need an IL stint, Engel's shortcomings are quickly exposed.  If Leury is going to be more backup INF over OF, Maybin does make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You want Cameron Maybin to be your late-game defensive replacement? He's not a good defender though?

I know people are tired of Engel because he represents a bad period in White Sox baseball, but he'd be a fantastic 4th outfielder. He's an elite defender and baserunner. This team has plenty of offensive firepower now.

Agreed...I would rather have Engel.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Is Kevin Pillar still available?  I'd rather have him than Maybon, that is if they're intent on replacing Engel.

I would have had a fit if he was one of their big signings but at this point of the winter, and with what they’ve already done, Pillar makes so damn much sense for this roster.

43 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Except he ended up with just an astronomically better career.

I guess he was better than Milledge, but his career 701 OPS is still pretty meh.

I'd rather have Engel at this point for the role of platoon with Mazara and late inning defensive replacement and pinch runner. 

Of course, I'm still hoping they go after someone better. 

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

11 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

The way I look at it, if there is an injury to an OF and we need someone in the lineup for maybe a couple of weeis at a time, who would I rather see in the lineup everyday: Engel or Maybin? The guy I would prefer I want as my 4th OF.

Granted, I would rather have a better corner bench bat to platoon with Mazara/start in LF or RF if there is an injury but the team does need someone who can fill in in CF. 

Leury can fill in in center if it comes to that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I guess he was better than Milledge, but his career 701 OPS is still pretty meh.

I'd rather have Engel at this point for the role of platoon with Mazara and late inning defensive replacement and pinch runner. 

Of course, I'm still hoping they go after someone better. 

I mean you're right about not living up to the hype, and I understand some people don't love WAR, but it's literally 14.9 career fWAR (including a 4.3 fWAR season in 2011) for Maybin vs. -0.2 career fWAR (including an embarrassing failed attempt at Japan) for Milledge.

I guess my point is that Maybin has had a useful MLB career as a 3rd/4th OF who could have been much more if he could be healthy, whereas Milledge was nothing but failures plus being a clubhouse cancer. I think Maybin has been underrated because his expectations were so high. He's a real decent player who would be really high floor if you could depend on him staying on the field.

5 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I mean you're right about not living up to the hype, and I understand some people don't love WAR, but it's literally 14.9 career fWAR (including a 4.3 fWAR season in 2011) for Maybin vs. -0.2 career fWAR (including an embarrassing failed attempt at Japan) for Milledge.

I guess my point is that Maybin has had a useful MLB career as a 3rd/4th OF who could have been much more if he could be healthy, whereas Milledge was nothing but failures plus being a clubhouse cancer. I think Maybin has been underrated because his expectations were so high. He's a real decent player who would be really high floor if you could depend on him staying on the field.

And he was a key part of the Miggy to Tigers deal...to the detriment of the AL Central for a decade.