MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Luhnow, I agree. Hinch may get a little bit of a break based on some of the stories of trying to stop it. 

I see this the exact opposite way.

Luhnow didn't really "know" about this in the same way as the people involved in the day to day. Luhnow also has a skill set that is much harder to replace than a baseball manager. He built an organization and achieved things most GM's can't. I would guess someone rolls the dice on him... heck, Preller got other shots and he's a complete asshole.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I see this the exact opposite way.

Luhnow didn't really "know" about this in the same way as the people involved in the day to day. Luhnow also has a skill set that is much harder to replace than a baseball manager. He built an organization and achieved things most GM's can't. I would guess someone rolls the dice on him... heck, Preller got other shots and he's a complete asshole.

I guess time will tell, but Luhnow is the devil. 

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

This wont put them in disarray.

I mean, I imagine many of these people on board are Luhnow guys. He was just removed from his post, and the system beneath him now doesn't have clear leadership. I could see a ton of people jumping ship now. Maybe not, but it would make sense. 

I have to be honest, I didn’t understand how sophisticated their scheme was till I read the articles today.  What they did was just brazenly stupid.  The Astros should have been forced to forfeit all playoff revenue over the last three years in addition to the other punishments they were hit with.  

• Like 1

Some comments from Astros fans via Astros' message boards regarding Crane firing Hinch and Luhnow:

Seems like the Astros could have rebounded from the penalties against them. Crane made sure that wasn't going to happen.

Just unreal. Who is the new GM now that all the assistants have been poached?
And now for manager. Holy hell. Just speechless.

One of the worst 24 hour stretches in Houston sports history

The Monday Massacre.

Wtf. That would be like the saints firing Payton after he was suspended. Stupid ass move.

Whelp boys, it was fun while it lasted

With being fired, if anyone hired Luhnow/Hinch, they'll have to serve their suspensions then.  Effectively a ban for Luhnow.  Hinch may get a job as a bench coach or some shit - sit a year- and then come back.  

Edited by ChiSox59

• Kalapse changed the title to Luhnow and Hinch Suspended for 1 year & Fired