MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, I imagine many of these people on board are Luhnow guys. He was just removed from his post, and the system beneath him now doesn't have clear leadership. I could see a ton of people jumping ship now. Maybe not, but it would make sense. 

The type of people that cheat to gain an advantage are the same people that step over dead bodies. 

This is an opportunity to move up, not move over. 

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

nah, whoever comes in is going to clean fucking house and they all know it.

It sounds like they’re hiring internally....

because you know when you have an organizational problem the best course of action is to not change leadership. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

The type of people that cheat to gain an advantage are the same people that step over dead bodies. 

This is an opportunity to move up, not move over. 

What you're missing is that the Astros have lost a substantial amount of FO employees over the past 1-2 years because of their success; many people who were near the top have been promoted and hired elsewhere. The Astros have lost a lot of people behind Luhnow, and the one guy they wanted to keep (similarly to Hahn and the Sox) was fired because he was a huge asshole as well.

This teams cupboard is running dry, and the ship is now sailing with no captain. I wouldn't be shocked to see most others abandon ship as it was already running light in the first place. 

The Astros have so much talent I'm not sure it'll matter as much next year, but don't underrate the pressures of overcoming a cheating stigma on players as well.

• Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Luhnow and Hinch Suspended for 1 year & Fired

Lastly, for all arguing players should be punished (which I don't disagree with) it just wasn't going to happen. The MLBPA would have spent years fighting any punishments against players and the CBA was far too vague on this to cite a section with expected punishments. Baseball had hard times punishing players who beat their wives/SO before CBA policy change - just to put it into light how difficult it is to punish players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What you're missing is that the Astros have lost a substantial amount of FO employees over the past 1-2 years because of their success; many people who were near the top have been promoted and hired elsewhere. The Astros have lost a lot of people behind Luhnow, and the one guy they wanted to keep (similarly to Hahn and the Sox) was fired because he was a huge asshole as well.

This teams cupboard is running dry, and the ship is now sailing with no captain. I wouldn't be shocked to see most others abandon ship as it was already running light in the first place. 

The Astros have so much talent I'm not sure it'll matter as much next year, but don't underrate the pressures of overcoming a cheating stigma on players as well.

That's not what I meant. What I meant to say, and probably didn't map out very well, was that FO employees aren't going to run for the exits suddenly because the head got cut off. Its an opportunity for some, when others take the fall.

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Things are lining up very nicely for the Sox to be one of the better teams in the AL for a long, long time.

Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to get by that team in NYC. One might have heard of them before. They have 27 championships. 

I don't think the Sox have ever played the Yankees in the postseason. I'm not looking forward to the first ever meeting. I hope it stays that way. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

These players trying to save face is hilarious.

"This actually was more distracting than beneficial. I didn't even want to do it."

Says guy who participated in 2+ years of blatant cheating that led to a World Series.

If it weren't beneficial, why keep doing it?? 🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

glad this happened. I wonder if it was part of the negotiation.

Lifetime bans or fire them, I can see it.  Allow them to possibly save some face while de facto banning them for life at the same time via blacklist.  I'd imagine it will be hard for Luhnow to ever work as a GM again.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to get by that team in NYC. One might have heard of them before. They have 27 championships. 

I don't think the Sox have ever played the Yankees in the postseason. I'm not looking forward to the first ever meeting. I hope it stays that way. 

I’m not scared of the Yankees. I think the Sox will be good enough to compete with anyone.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Lifetime bans or fire them, I can see it.  Allow them to possibly save some face while basically banning them from life at the same time.  I'd imagine it will be hard for Luhnow to ever work as a GM again.

Yup, people losing jobs over this should be plenty to keep it from happening again. 

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Lifetime bans or fire them, I can see it.  Allow them to possibly save some face while basically banning them from life at the same time.  I'd imagine it will be hard for Luhnow to ever work as a GM again.

just watch, guy is going to join patriots org.

• Haha 1