MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Like I said, the Sox have never played them in the postseason before. If they do and get crushed, it will be interesting to see how the FO responds. 

I would hope the front office isnt reactionary enough to respond to the results of a 7 game series with some drastic change.

• Thanks 1

Like I said, the Sox have never played them in the postseason before. If they do and get crushed, it will be interesting to see how the FO responds. 

The Yankees can beat up on the Twinkees all they want...they have no idea what is coming their way with the juggernaut that will be the Chicago White Sox!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I would hope the front office isnt reactionary enough to respond to the results of a 7 game series with some drastic change.

What I mean is to fill the holes. The Yankees are as close to a perfect team, when healthy, as there is in baseball right now. They have about as few holes as an MLB team can reasonably have. The Sox can't compete with the arms they have in their bullpen. They only need their starter to go 5 innings and then it's pretty much game over. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

What I mean is to fill the holes. The Yankees are as close to a perfect team, when healthy, as there is in baseball right now. They have about as few holes as an MLB team can reasonably have. 

They should stick to what their plan is regardless and make the best team possible should the lose (or win!) a playoff series with the Yankees. 

How did we end up here?

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What I mean is to fill the holes. The Yankees are as close to a perfect team, when healthy, as there is in baseball right now. They have about as few holes as an MLB team can reasonably have. The Sox can't compete with the arms they have in their bullpen. They only need their starter to go 5 innings and then it's pretty much game over. 

Yeah, which is why the Yankees have won the last 3 World Series with ease.

Oh, wait...

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, which is why the Yankees have won the last 3 World Series with ease.

Oh, wait...

They were missing that ace until this coming season, and they stole him from their main competition. Also, the Sawx are damn good if Sale is healthy. The AL is a gauntlet this year....there will be lots of quality teams. At least 3 in each division. The only teams in the AL that aren't trying to win are the Mariners, Royals, Tigers and Orioles. 

The Sox don't have anyone as good as Cole yet, and they don't have a bullpen as deep with good power arms as the Yankees have. 

Keuchel is the type of pitcher that the Yankees obliterate annually. He's your game two starter right now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd wait until sox can prove they can make the playoffs before declaring the yankees can't even step on the same field as them.

Exactly. Like I said the AL is a gauntlet this year. There aren't a lot of easy wins to be had. Even Texas and the Angels are quality teams, that should hover in the 80-85 win range. I don't think anyone in the AL is winning 100 games. Also can't count the Indians out unless they trade Lindor, Clevinger or both. 

The Sox are lucky in that they play in the only division with 2 rebuilding teams, but so do the Twins and Indians. 

Nobody should be disappointed if the Sox win 85-88 games and miss the playoffs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

These players trying to save face is hilarious.

"This actually was more distracting than beneficial. I didn't even want to do it."

Says guy who participated in 2+ years of blatant cheating that led to a World Series.

From what I have read some players refused the help. This is supported by their atbats not having any trash can sounds. 

2 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I don't understand the call for postseason bans. At that point you may as well contract the team. There is no point in them even being involved in the sport.

Because they're used to that being done for teams that break the rules in College. 

9 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

From what I have read some players refused the help. This is supported by their atbats not having any trash can sounds. 

I said this at the time, but some players do NOT want to know what is coming. Some guys hated when you would even give them the side of the plate the catcher was leaning. Reactionary hitters who have been such their entire lives don't want to put any other inputs into their mind. 

Guess hitters and attack hitters would love to know the zone or pitch that is coming.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It definitely seems like Alex Cora was the worst of the bunch and chose to cheat to win as much as possible.  I wonder if he will be canned.

Complete nonsense; don't take the Astros blaming an assistant coach who is no longer with the organization as the ring leader. 

This was a top down plan that would not have been led or devised by an assistant coach.

• Like 1