MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

First overall and 11th overall.

Not 30th overall and somewhere between 25-30th overall.

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG difference.Ā Ā 

If you have good scouts, it doesn't really matter. There are some late first round picks I wish we had instead of Fulmer, Burger and Collins honestly. Lump Rodon into that group as well actually.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Hard to say, the sameĀ thing was said about Davey Martinez year after year when he missedĀ out on managing jobs.

I was seriously asking your opinion.... I wonder if Ozzie is a bit of a curse. Makes sense if true. I remember Cora interviewing for Manager gigs before his brother was retired from baseball.... so its gotta be Ozzie.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Like I said, the Sox have never played them in the postseason before. If they do and get crushed, it will be interesting to see how the FO responds.Ā 

The Sox can't beat the Yankees in future because they've never played them in the past? What kind of logic is that?Ā 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I was seriously asking your opinion.... I wonder if Ozzie is a bit of a curse. Makes sense if true. I remember Cora interviewing for Manager gigs before his brother was retired from baseball.... so its gotta be Ozzie.

They have totally different personalities, but Cora was pretty much perceived as a sidekick and enabler in the 2009-2011 time period...and that still doesnā€™t sit well with many. Ā Itā€™s kind of like he should have known the consequences when he hitched his wagon to Ozzieā€™s. Ā That, and some of the reports about the drinking culture and extracurricular hijinks, just donā€™t see it ever happening for him.

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Would have a lot more respect if he simply accepted responsibility.

The ā€œbuck stops hereā€ as Harry Truman said.

Now the culture seems to be more one of avoiding any responsibility and hoping it goes away because the attention span of the public and news media is so short.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Would have a lot more respect if he simply accepted responsibility.

The ā€œbuck stops hereā€ as Harry Truman said.

Now the culture seems to be more one of avoiding any responsibility and hoping it goes away because the attention span of the public and news media is so short.

Ā 

Both of them needed to say they accept responsibility and just ended their statements. Ā  Instead they both look like absolute jokesĀ 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Both of them needed to say they accept responsibility and just ended their statements. Ā  Instead they both look like absolute jokesĀ 

And, in typical ā€œwhite collar crime way,ā€ Luhnow will get hired in a heartbeat somewhere but Hinch will never manage a big league team again.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

I like how he didnā€™t name names but he did throw Cora under the bus ā€” ā€œbench coach.ā€

ā€œI hardly knew that guy. Ā He was just referred toĀ asĀ ā€˜bench coachā€™ around here,Ā and the fact heā€™s now managing one of our biggest rivals means that we want absolutely no harm to come to some totallyĀ random guy that I just went out of my way to pin the blame on by not directly naming him. Ā  Well, actually, now that Iā€™ve had time to reflect,Ā itā€™s kind of AJā€™s fault for hiring him in the first place.ā€

Just now, caulfield12 said:

ā€œI hardly knew that guy. Ā He was just referred toĀ asĀ ā€˜bench coachā€™ around here,Ā and the fact heā€™s now managing one of our biggest rivals means that we want absolutely no harm to come to some totallyĀ random guy that I just went out of my way to pin the blame on by not directly naming him. Ā  Well, actually, now that Iā€™ve had time to reflect,Ā itā€™s kind of AJā€™s fault for hiring him in the first place.ā€

Alex Cora is not long for baseball. Ā He will be canned soon.

35 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And, in typical ā€œwhite collar crime way,ā€ Luhnow will get hired in a heartbeat somewhere but Hinch will never manage a big league team again.

I doubt Luhnow will work as a GM again.Ā  If the Stros' owner is telling the truth then Luhnow violated his trust and that's going to be a problem for him regardless of how much ignorance he claims here.

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd love nothing more than this to bring down Manfred as part and parcel of the scandal but Logan is going to need some receipts.

Why? Ā Fiers didn't need receipts, he just said something and everyone started looking closely at it, and it unraveledĀ 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why? Ā Fiers didn't need receipts, he just said something and everyone started looking closely at it, and it unraveledĀ 

Well for starters he could point to a specific game so people can start going through the tape.Ā  But yea perhaps it's already being done.Ā 

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1