MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well for starters he could point to a specific game so people can start going through the tape.  But yea perhaps it's already being done.  People have a lot of time on their hands and you'd know the Yankees have enemies inside and outside MLB.

I'm sure once the whammy lands on Cora, peeved Red Sox fans will start pouring through yankee game video like they are editing for Tarantino 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm sure once the whammy lands on Cora, peeved Red Sox fans will start pouring through yankee game video like they are editing for Tarantino 😂 

This gone be good you got two of the most redass and easily offended fan bases (and two of the largest) pissing on each other's leg for the next year over this shit, covering them all in urine.

tenor.gif?itemid=7551664

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How would Hinch not be aware of what was going on?  

Also, I thought there was email proof of a front office exec orchestrating part of this?

I wonder if the context of that tweet was Cora's bullshit while the RedSox manager, and not specific to Astros bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How would Hinch not be aware of what was going on?  

Also, I thought there was email proof of a front office exec orchestrating part of this?

Some of the publicized investigation notes have stated that Hinch knew and wasn't a fan of it, and broke the tv a few times because he didn't like it.   Stating he didn't know is pure stupidity

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Some of the publicized investigation notes have stated that Hinch knew and wasn't a fan of it, and broke the tv a few times because he didn't like it.   Stating he didn't know is pure stupidity

Breaking the TV because he didn’t like it is equally lame.  He’s the manager and should be able to control the dugout and his staff.

• Like 1

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/solomon/article/Solomon-Jim-Crane-s-firings-set-the-bar-higher-14972513.php

According to the report, Hinch admitted he knew what the players were doing, and though he was against the practice, he allowed it to continue.

Crane expected them to do more.

“Neither one of them implemented it … but neither one of them did anything about it,” Crane said.

Luhnow’s claim of complete innocence and ignorance is interesting. According to the MLB investigation, two emails mentioning the sign-stealing effort were sent to Luhnow, and there is “conflicting evidence about conversations with Luhnow on the topic.”

“When I found out, I was very upset,” Crane said. “We want to be known for playing by the rules.”

Edited by caulfield12

May have missed someone saying it but how were they letting batters know it was an off speed pitch ,  was someone banging on the dugout thats what i heard at work. Also has anyone gone back to see footage of them doing it and was it obvious? Also what do people think about a runner on second stealing signs for the batter, is that ok cause he is in play? Obviously someone with binoculars in the outfield is not ok.

This is really light in my opinion.  

The money is a joke but I think the fine amount is capped off.

1st and 2nd round picks for 2 years when you have an all star team is nothing.

Hinch and Luhnow should have been BANNED from baseball, period.

I don't think this is that much of a deterence for an orginization.  This is like getting probation on an armed robbery conviction.

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

This is really light in my opinion.  

The money is a joke but I think the fine amount is capped off.

1st and 2nd round picks for 2 years when you have an all star team is nothing.

Hinch and Luhnow should have been BANNED from baseball, period.

I don't think this is that much of a deterence for an orginization.  This is like getting probation on an armed robbery conviction.

Even though they claim it's a huge loss since Hinch and Luhnow are supposed to be Top 3 in baseball at their positions, they have the internal replacements and system in place in terms of the front office.

Of course, the question then becomes do they keep all those who were "too close" to Luhnow and Hinch, or overlook that for continuity's sake?

Is there an organization like the Marlins, Tigers, Pirates, Mariners, Orioles....that's ballsy enough to hire both those guys as a package, let them sit out their suspensions and say "f--- you" to the penalties, basically believing that building a winning team outweighs what they've done?

7 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

May have missed someone saying it but how were they letting batters know it was an off speed pitch ,  was someone banging on the dugout thats what i heard at work. Also has anyone gone back to see footage of them doing it and was it obvious? Also what do people think about a runner on second stealing signs for the batter, is that ok cause he is in play? Obviously someone with binoculars in the outfield is not ok.

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Even though they claim it's a huge loss since Hinch and Luhnow are supposed to be Top 3 in baseball at their positions, they have the internal replacements and system in place in terms of the front office.

Of course, the question then becomes do they keep all those who were "too close" to Luhnow and Hinch, or overlook that for continuity's sake?

Is there an organization like the Marlins, Tigers, Pirates, Mariners, Orioles....that's ballsy enough to hire both those guys as a package, let them sit out their suspensions and say "f--- you" to the penalties, basically believing that building a winning team outweighs what they've done?

I am positive both of these guys will be with a team in the next couple years.

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I am positive both of these guys will be with a team in the next couple years.

At the VERY least, Luhnow's going to be hired as a consultant to get those cellar-dwelling teams into the 21st century in terms of analytics and their proprietary database operations...which was the bone of contention when he took a lot of that with him from St. Louis to Houston in the first place.   There's no clear rules about "work product" in MLB like there is in Silicon Valley.

8 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Alex Cora is not long for baseball.  He will be canned soon.

Curious, would it be smart for the Redsox to jump ahead on this and let him go?  Start their search for a new manager early enough?  This Houston investigation took a couple months, they might not have that time frame for new blood, and would probably resort to an interim manager with no prep.