MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Oh he's bringing it. 

The McCullers vs Clevenger Twitter exchange got waaaay too personal though. Had no idea Clevenger did what he did to his family. 

The Clevenger story sucks, mostly for the two kids involved, but there is always two sides to every story.  And if you check out his ex-partner’s Twitter, she comes across as a total nut-bag.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I don’t think the sign-stealing helped him hit all that much.

While that is true, first of all the report specifically says that it was impossible for anyone to be around the Astros dugout without knowing that this was going on, so at the best he's content looking the other way when people are cheating to help him win a title. That does not say anything good for his character.

Secondly, as you can see in the posts right above - there has also been a history of allegations of ball doctoring associated with the Astros pitching staff, and the evidence of that happening wouldn't be as clearly recorded as the sounds on video. Do you have confidence that this player was actually clean of that? I don't. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

While that is true, first of all the report specifically says that it was impossible for anyone to be around the Astros dugout without knowing that this was going on, so at the best he's content looking the other way when people are cheating to help him win a title. That does not say anything good for his character.

Secondly, as you can see in the posts right above - there has also been a history of allegations of ball doctoring associated with the Astros pitching staff, and the evidence of that happening wouldn't be as clearly recorded as the sounds on video. Do you have confidence that this player was actually clean of that? I don't. 

What would you like to be done

Not sure I would want the distraction of the press hounding him all year long over this when the white sox are trying to move on to the next phase of their rebuild.

i would like him to release some sort of statement but I would hope that statement doesn't include "I never saw anything"

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

How is an MLB commissioner only allowed to fine a team up to $5 million dollars?  That is chump change to these teams.  The price of a bench player for a year.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

31 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

How is an MLB commissioner only allowed to fine a team up to $5 million dollars?  That is chump change to these teams.  The price of a bench player for a year.

26 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Probably agreed upon in the CBA

I read when this was all coming out there is a maximum amount Manfred is allowed to fine.  It was something around 5-8 million iirc.

But yeah the number is hilariously low.

27 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's amazing that Crane was able to simply wash his hands of this whole mess.  He should be out too.  

Manfred silencing other owners from speaking while allowing Crane to disagree with one of the big findings that would implicate him is just really *chefs kiss*

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Not sure I would want the distraction of the press hounding him all year long over this when the white sox are trying to move on to the next phase of their rebuild.

i would like him to release some sort of statement but I would hope that statement doesn't include "I never saw anything"

He won’t issue a statement even though he was supposedly one of that teams veteran leaders. If he comes out and has a 4.75 ERA at the end of April people should be asking him about it, but we know that’ll be forgotten about.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

Manfred silencing other owners from speaking while allowing Crane to disagree with one of the big findings that would implicate him is just really *chefs kiss*

Manfred and Crane orchestrated the shit out of this.  They understood they couldn't disipline the players so that's where they decided to point all the blame.  "The players" did it.  No individuals just "the players." Oh and with help from the guy who doesn't work here anymore.  Saying they had no knowledge of what was going on just insults everyone's intelligence.

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He won’t issue a statement even though he was supposedly one of that teams veteran leaders. If he comes out and has a 4.75 ERA at the end of April people should be asking him about it, but we know that’ll be forgotten about.

Hey now:  Not everyone can be a leader the caliber of, say, a Drake LaRoche. 

17 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Why? What is the point of hounding him about it?

I'm wondering this as well.  Not sure it accomplishes anything.   Also not sure how his era at the end of April is some sort of trigger to go at him

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Also curious what Clevenger did to his family....someone want to fill us in on the juicy gossip? 

There is a Bauer McCullers Clevinger interaction last night and I think either Clevingers girl on the side or a baby momma jumped into the middle of it and it got messy 

34 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm wondering this as well.  Not sure it accomplishes anything.   Also not sure how his era at the end of April is some sort of trigger to go at him

If there won't be any punishment for the players who either were directly involved with or at best looked the other way while their team cheated blatantly en route to a world series win, should other teams fans just be ok with and accepting of those players?

We signed one of the highest profile players on a team that is as of now the biggest MLB scandal in a decade. Do we just shrug our shoulders and admit that we're all ok with what the Astros did now that he's on our team?

• Like 1