MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

Beltran's niece put on Twitter that she had to come clean and that Bregman and Altuve had buzzing devices on their shoulders that buzzed letting them know the pitch from the tech guys in the clubhouse. Says she has pics. Deleted the tweets.

10 minutes ago, mqr said:

Possibly a buzzing device maybe

When I worked at a horse racing track, I worked on the track crew. We would find the buzzers the jockeys used to shock the horses along with the whip. We were instructed just to get rid of them away from the track.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

It’s literally it’s his twitter avatar, there’s no way it’s a buzzer

To be clear, I'm not saying there's no way they weren't doing that, but there's now way that's what we are looking at in this instance. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

To be clear, I'm not saying there's no way they weren't doing that, but there's now way that's what we are looking at in this instance. 

I wonder if he is one that got immunity for testimony? If not, there should be a suspension.

41 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You don't find that fair contests of skill are more entertaining than rigged ones? 

If I wanted something where one side was going to win based on something decided behind the scenes rather than the skill of the people involved, I could go be a wrestling fan. 

You're on the right track, but it's worse. The major sports leagues (even with baseball being a little different) are monopolies sanctioned by the government. If the game is rigged, there's no reason to sanction the monopoly any longer. The MLB answers to Congress answers to us. 

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

50 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It can, but it doesn't change the fact it occurs in all sports and always will when there is competition and millions of dollars on the line.

32 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I agree with all of this. However, for the reasons I stated, it's not realistic. I would prefer that absolutely no cheating occurred ever, even with my students. However, with what's on the line, its just not realistic.

What exactly are you getting at?  That it's pointless to police cheating?  That its prevalence makes it excusable? 

You must be saying something more than "cheating exists in baseball, and there's lots of incentive to cheat."  Everybody knows that.

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Even if all these allegations are true, why does it matter? What can be done about it now that the investigation has concluded? 

It would show that MLB lied about the severity of the cheating to protect itself and the Astros. This is a big deal and also tells us the Astros were doing it in 2018 and 2019, contrary to the report. 

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

What exactly are you getting at?  That it's pointless to police cheating?  That its prevalence makes it excusable? 

You must be saying something more than "cheating exists in baseball, and there's lots of incentive to cheat."  Everybody knows that.

No my point is that it's going to happen and it can't be stopped. However, when they are caught, they should be punished appropriately.

Others on the board have said that cheating should be stopped. My point is that it isn't realistic to say "cheating should stop."

I'm glad they got caught, Cheating turns me off to sports and athletes and executives in the front office. Certain types of people will always try

to scam every thing. When caught they have to be disciplined accordingly. Only way to find out was to offer immunity. Its not perfect but it

will deter others.

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

It would show that MLB lied about the severity of the cheating to protect itself and the Astros. This is a big deal and also tells us the Astros were doing it in 2018 and 2019, contrary to the report. 

Got it, thanks. I just thought it was assumed we already knew MLB was lying, or at least covering something up, due to the weakness of the original punishment