MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

Aren't we all just cheating our way through life?

We're stealing time from our companies on this site, we're cut through a parking lot to avoid a red light. You give humans enough rope they'll generally use it and generally not for good. Now throw millions of dollars at these guys, it's going to get corrupt fast. This is the first or last time players will cheat.

Not defending it, just not surprised or really outraged.But it does explain why the Astros always seemed to be able to catch "pitchers tipping pitches" -- they were just literally stealing.  hahaha

59 minutes ago, zisk said:

I'm glad they got caught, Cheating turns me off to sports and athletes and executives in the front office. Certain types of people will always try

to scam every thing. When caught they have to be disciplined accordingly. Only way to find out was to offer immunity. Its not perfect but it

will deter others.

See current college admissions cheating scandal and its poster child, the martial arts expert, Lori Loughlin.

7 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Anybody who thinks Trout isn't on PEDs is incredibly naive. I've been saying it for years. It's pretty obvious. 

It's pretty tough to do with testing today but it's always possible. However, I wouldn't say it's obvious.

35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It sure seems like in 2017 teams didn't really realize the Astros were doing this, Farquhar seems to have legitimately been the first to recognize it and the fact that he figured it out made the astros panic that they had been caught so they started destroying the evidence. 

Many of the reports say that everyone knew about it. It's just Farquhar was smart enough to do something effective about it.

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Kudos to Beltran for an actual apology.

Mad props to Beltran for owning this, not downplaying his role or the help it provided, apologizing and making zero excuses. 

This is the nature of the game and you can get caught up in it as you grow within the game - searching for that edge. Beltran didn't blame the game... or coaches and other players. He said I was wrong and I'm sorry. That's really all I ask of people who make mistakes because no one is perfect.

He gets respect from me for that, even if people are ripping him endlessly.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I want to give him credit.

But the cynic in me is screaming that it is no coincidence that the only person who has given a real apology is the one who will be HoF elgible in 2023.

Probably a factor, but others have similar pressure (luhnow to get accepted into a position again, hinch as manager, cora etc.)

6 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I want to give him credit.

But the cynic in me is screaming that it is no coincidence that the only person who has given a real apology is the one who will be HoF elgible in 2023.

He's got zero shot at the HOF now, and I dont want to get into that argument now because the HOF is full of hypocrisy and complete bullshit. This is a sport that has as much bad history as the country, and players have cheated forever...

29 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's pretty tough to do with testing today but it's always possible. However, I wouldn't say it's obvious.

You keep saying this and I keep reminding you that people are beating the tests in just about every sport. Boxing, MMA, NFL, Cycling, all the Olympic sports. Testers adapt to dopers, not the other way around. 

17 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You keep saying this and I keep reminding you that people are beating the tests in just about every sport. Boxing, MMA, NFL, Cycling, all the Olympic sports. Testers adapt to dopers, not the other way around. 

Then stop watching? If it's everywhere who cares? It's a game enjoy it or don't. Since the beginning of sports teams and players have been cheating. It is what it is.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Baseball got completely caught with their pants down.  This is the steroid scandal 2.0 and it will stain Manfred's tenure.  Good, fuck Manfred.

He might be at a point soon where he has to suspend players that were involved.  I'm not sure he can do that in the CBA but I'd imagine a large portion of the Players' Union is pissed about this, like Wood.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Baseball got completely caught with their pants down.  This is the steroid scandal 2.0 and it will stain Manfred's tenure.  Good, fuck Manfred.

He might be at a point soon where he has to suspend players that were involved.  I'm not sure he can do that in the CBA but I'd imagine a large portion of the Players' Union is pissed about this, like Wood.

Tony Clark flexed on Manfred, apparently. If they did punish the players, some guys who were along for the ride likely get taken out with the trash. I think the league had to pick their battle. If they do go after players, what's the game plan? What could they dish out for punishment?

t’s interesting Altuve had much better split on the road in 2016 and 17 (his MVP year) and better home split in 18 and 19, while Bregman had much better road split since his debut in 2016, with exception of 2018. If there cheating with a buzzing device, their doing it all wrong.

10 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

t’s interesting Altuve had much better split on the road in 2016 and 17 (his MVP year) and better home split in 18 and 19, while Bregman had much better road split since his debut in 2016, with exception of 2018. If there cheating with a buzzing device, their doing it all wrong.

Sss will never tell you anything valuable.

27 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I cant get on board with this sentiment. Pitchers hate this more because theres no way for them to cheat back and level the playing field. They could have all done steroids but sign stealing only helps PPs.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run