MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

And mike trout apparently has a waiver from MLB to use HGH.  Dude.  Manfred you gots some 'splainin' to do homie.

According to Scott Brosius's kid on instagram. Can we relax with running away with this stuff?

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

According to Scott Brosius kid? My goodness, can we relax before tar and feathering the games best player?

you mean to tell me this swollen jaw dude is on HGH?  Preposterous!  FWIW I think HGH should be legal in general and it shouldn't be a banned substance in MLB as well but if this is true it's a million times bigger than the sign stealing scandal this involves a behind the scenes shady ass deal with the commish.  This sort of waiver (if true) CANNOT be private.

trout.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

you mean to tell me this swollen jaw dude is on HGH?  Preposterous!  FWIW I think HGH should be legal in general and it shouldn't be a banned substance in MLB as well but if this is true it's a million times bigger than the sign stealing scandal this involves a behind the scenes shady ass deal with the commish.  This sort of waiver (if true) CANNOT be private.

trout.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I never said it's a ridiculous claim, (pretty convinced most guys are on something anyway) but I'm not going to go bang down manfred's door on the word of a dude's 18 year old kid, who's team was getting bashed in constantly by Trout. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Here's a good read as to why HGH wouldn't even really benefit Trout or any baseball players.

http://www.sabernomics.com/sabernomics/index.php/2007/04/i-dont-worry-about-hgh-in-baseball-and-neither-should-you/index.html

that's a load of bunk.  HGH is a miracle drug for fatique and recovery in season and furthermore can only be detected via blood test.  I'd hazard a guess 2/3 of pro athletes are on it.  Including Lebron and almost every big time NBA star and NFL star.  

I don't care, more power to 'em.  But if true this waiver is insane.

that's a load of bunk.  HGH is a miracle drug for fatique and recovery in season and furthermore can only be detected via blood test.  I'd hazard a guess 2/3 of pro athletes are on it.  Including Lebron and almost every big time NBA star and NFL star.  

I don't care, more power to 'em.  But if true this waiver is insane.

So the science is a load of bunk? Got it.

Here's another more recent study that comes to the same conclusion.

https://www.reliasmedia.com/articles/120075-human-growth-hormone-and-athletic-performance

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

You keep saying this and I keep reminding you that people are beating the tests in just about every sport. Boxing, MMA, NFL, Cycling, all the Olympic sports. Testers adapt to dopers, not the other way around. 

You keep forgetting that most of those sports don't use the baseline blood testing other than the Olympics and they are catching people all the time. I have proof people are getting caught in this system. You have subjective opinions that people are not getting caught.

I never said it isn't happening. As I said before "if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying." However, it is more difficult and the research bears it out how tough it is.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So the science is a load of bunk? Got it.

Here's another more recent study that comes to the same conclusion.

https://www.reliasmedia.com/articles/120075-human-growth-hormone-and-athletic-performance

from 2002?  How about what the world anti doping agency thinks in 2019.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

59 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You keep saying this and I keep reminding you that people are beating the tests in just about every sport. Boxing, MMA, NFL, Cycling, all the Olympic sports. Testers adapt to dopers, not the other way around. 

Thank god you're clever enough to see this obvious truth about Mike Trout and regularly remind the board just how clever you are. People will see the light eventually, just need to beat them over the head with it a few more times.

• Love 1

If you dont wish to read the entire study, although it is educational, the key conclusions are below:

Given the results of clinical trials, there is no clear benefit for athletes who inject HGH. In contrast, there are significant dangers, both medically and financially. Athletes considering this drug should be strongly urged to avoid its use completely.

Its banned because it's dangerous and not good for you. Period.

Again clinical studies have shown time and time again it's not beneficial to athletes and does not increase strength gains.

45 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

This is would be true if this is what actually happen. It didn't happen on every pitch and they didn't know what pitch was coming. All they knew was fastball or off speed, in general. If the buzzer thing is true then a couple of players may have had a little more information. 

And I hate nothing more than the "just look at him" argument.

Frank Thomss was clean; but Just look at him!

Dee Gordon did steroids; but just look at him.

This isnt 1990 anymore. Steroids have come a long way. It's not a bulk inducing drug only anymore.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

And mike trout apparently has a waiver from MLB to use HGH.  Dude.  Manfred you gots some 'splainin' to do homie.

If true, it will be in small enough doses not to make much of a difference in performance. These waivers are not uncommon and strictly reulates the dose and the players are tested much more often to make sure the dose is regulated.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And I hate nothing more than the "just look at him" argument.

Frank Thomss was clean; but Just look at him!

Dee Gordon didnt steroids; but just look at him.

This isnt 1990 anymore. Steroids have come a long way. It's not a bulk inducing drug only anymore.

If the desired effect is power for homeruns it is though. Relief pitchers in the 90's were the primary abusers for the endurance and recovery effect. This didn't create the muscle bulk then either because that wasn't the desired effect.

Just now, ptatc said:

This is would be true if this is what actually happen. It didn't happen on every pitch and they didn't know what pitch was coming. All they knew was fastball or off speed, in general. If the buzzer thing is true then a couple of players may have had a little more information. 

This is splitting hairs.  The relay knew every pitch that was coming.  They just told the hitter a specific pitch to look for, which is pretty damaging to a pitcher.

if there was a more advanced buzzing system(amount of  buzzes for a specific pitch) honestly I would wonder how many people would use it because it might complicate things if you confuse yourself thinking you felt two when there were three or something like that.

any way about it, it's a huge advantage to the hitter.