MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

that's a load of bunk.  HGH is a miracle drug for fatique and recovery in season and furthermore can only be detected via blood test.  I'd hazard a guess 2/3 of pro athletes are on it.  Including Lebron and almost every big time NBA star and NFL star.  

I don't care, more power to 'em.  But if true this waiver is insane.

The NFL uses blood test for HGH. It's difficult to gain mass and power without consistent use. Where the NFL lacks is that they don't test on games days. So a player can take whatever ther want the night before a game and reduce the fatigue factor. Players refer to this as microdosing.

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is splitting hairs.  The relay knew every pitch that was coming.  They just told the hitter a specific pitch to look for, which is pretty damaging to a pitcher.

if there was a more advanced buzzing system(amount of  buzzes for a specific pitch) honestly I would wonder how many people would use it because it might complicate things if you confuse yourself thinking you felt two when there were three or something like that.

any way about it, it's a huge advantage to the hitter.

I wouldn't say huge. They couldn't rely the location only off speed or fastball.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I wouldn't say huge. They couldn't rely the location only off speed or fastball.

I played at a high level facing pitchers who threw in the 90s, and when I knew it was an off speed pitch coming instead of a fastball, it made hitting so much easier.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I played at a high level facing pitchers who threw in the 90s, and when I knew it was an off speed pitch coming instead of a fastball, it made hitting so much easier.

I've never played at a high level.If a ball came at me at 90+ I would run. I'm only going by what I've heard MLB players say. Many of them have said that they didn't want to knw as it messed with their reaction to the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Really? Pitchers throwing a lot of inside sliders these days?

There are a few that throw the "back up slider." However the more common one is the change. They turn that over regularly and it's a much more common pitch in today's game.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

There are a few that throw the "back up slider." However the more common one is the change. They turn that over regularly and it's a much more common pitch in today's game.

That gives it more sinking action than screwball action but still a simple adjustment for a major league hitter to make when he knows it's coming.

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That gives it more sinking action than screwball action but still a simple adjustment for a major league hitter to make when he knows it's coming.

It can give it a screwball type motion but it's more that they throw it inside more than it breaks inside. The turn over just allows it to not come back over the plate when thrown inside.

Of course they have a better chance. i agree that it's an advantage and should be illegal. I just don't think its a huge advantage as some have said. 

27 minutes ago, RTC said:

The truth will eventually come out, but I agree with Joe Posnanski, I'm just struggling to connect the dots on Hinch's role:

https://joeposnanski.substack.com/p/hinch-and-hof-part-deux

That was very well done thank you for sharing.  I think every damn person in that entire organization knew exactly what was going on and that includes the piece of crap owner who sold evryone out to save his own skin.  

• Like 1

Does what they did, getting signs, make them truly better? If the tigers got every pitch tipped next season they would still be one of the worst teams in the league. Maybe it helped maybe it didn't. Farquhar realized it and changed it up. We need to stop acting like thhis is some huge deal because it's baseball or football or whatever. This gets more people talking about action than something that could actually effect your life. It's a game. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That was very well done thank you for sharing.  I think every damn person in that entire organization knew exactly what was going on and that includes the piece of crap owner who sold evryone out to save his own skin.  

Another axiom of life, crap runs downhill.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

I've never played at a high level.If a ball came at me at 90+ I would run. I'm only going by what I've heard MLB players say. Many of them have said that they didn't want to knw as it messed with their reaction to the pitch. 

I might say the same thing if my team was under investigation.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mets-advisor-jessica-mendoza-calls-out-mike-fiers-for-exposing-astros-cheating-scandal-183736726.html

How she still has an ESPN job with this obvious conflict of interest is beyond me.

Ironic, that she might be getting fired or asked to resign on the same day the Giants just hired the first full-time female coach at the MLB level.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Another axiom of life, crap runs downhill.

See all those banking, real estate and mortgage loan originators who are sitting in jail now after the 2008-09 financial crisis.

The more white collar or celebrity you are, the lower the probability that anything of consequence actually happens to you.  The two counter-examples that come to mind are "insider trading" (Martha Stewart, Phil Mickelson) and then the more recent university admissions scandal.

• Like 1