MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And the players still lied, which just shows how stupid this "immunity" stuff was. 

Of course they lied. The players have a lot more to lose than gain by telling the truth. Immunity doesn't matter when your contract status comes up the next time. 

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Of course they lied. The players have a lot more to lose than gain by telling the truth. Immunity doesn't matter when your contract status comes up the next time. 

Spare me the excuses. These guys are complete trash; years of calling out other teams with shit like this:

All while cheating their way to a title. Their lies, their hypocrisy, and their soap boxes... all complete trash. I have said that everyone tries to gain edges, and some go too far, but the sanctimonious way in which the Astros presented themselves and attacked others is so comical now that this has all come out. What a disgrace. Not a peep out of anyone either; except for fake denials or nonsensical "it really didn't help" BS. 

At least Beltran owned his mistake and made zero excuses; he also never accused others of doing what he was doing. Verlander is a clown.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Maybe.

If as part of their immunity agreement they signed something saying that they would tell the whole truth, and then they didn't, MLB might now have the authority to suspend them for violating that deal.

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Spare me the excuses. These guys are complete trash; years of calling out other teams with shit like this:

All while cheating their way to a title. Their lies, their hypocrisy, and their soap boxes... all complete trash. I have said that everyone tries to gain edges, and some go too far, but the sanctimonious way in which the Astros presented themselves and attacked others is so comical now that this has all come out. What a disgrace. Not a peep out of anyone either; except for fake denials or nonsensical "it really didn't help" BS. 

At least Beltran owned his mistake and made zero excuses; he also never accused others of doing what he was doing. Verlander is a clown.

Never said they were good excuses. I'm just telling what they did and why. I don't know why anyone would expect their behavior to be any different once they got caught. 

We all know people who act like this in the work place especially those of us using work time to post on message boards. 😁

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Maybe.

If as part of their immunity agreement they signed something saying that they would tell the whole truth, and then they didn't, MLB might now have the authority to suspend them for violating that deal.

This I agree with. The problem is proving it. If the league can, I'm all for throwing the book at them.

The Chiefs did a similar thing with Hunt. They said they didn't cut him until they found out he lied about the situation to them.

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Trevor Bauer is saying players do believe the Trout has an exemption for HGH thing but they don't give a shit. Which leads me to believe it's like low dose oral steroid type situation. 

It would be a low dose to bring levels into the normal range. And with the waiver, he is tested much more often to make sure he is maintaining the proper levels.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It would be a low dose to bring levels into the normal range. And with the waiver, he is tested much more often to make sure he is maintaining the proper levels.

Yeah, agreed. If he has an exemption, it's for health reasons and he has abnormally low levels. This just allows him to use it to get his levels up to the same point that other healthy players have.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

This still does not explain why they were granted immunity. This is just why they would have a tough time punishing them.

I'm sticking with the published reports that they were granted immunity to tell what happened and who knew what as opposed to your version.

Because Manfred doesn't have subpoena powers.  The best they could do is "Tell us exactly what happened and I won't suspend you". 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, agreed. If he has an exemption, it's for health reasons and he has abnormally low levels. This just allows him to use it to get his levels up to the same point that other healthy players have.

Yeah, this young man doesn't produce enough testosterone. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/4kZRVBpYNaL23zuZ9

Edited by TaylorStSox

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You have literally no idea what you're talking about pertaining to his medical issues/history. If he was approved for an exemption, it's because he had an issue serious enough that a doctor said he needed HGH. Doctors can't prescribe HGH just because they like to.

23 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You have literally no idea what you're talking about pertaining to his medical issues/history. If he was approved for an exemption, it's because he had an issue serious enough that a doctor said he needed HGH. Doctors can't prescribe HGH just because they like to.

You're making an absolute declaration without any evidence, and you're telling me I have "literally no idea what I'm talking about." Newflash: Neither do you. We're both speculating. 

It's also really easy to get a doctor to prescribe you HGH. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

You're making an absolute declaration without any evidence, and you're telling me I have "literally no idea what I'm talking about." Newflash: Neither do you. We're both speculating. 

Well actually the fake report says he received a medical exemption to receive it meaning it was prescribed. So again hed have a medical reason. So even based on the "rumor" hes doing it for medical reasons. You post a picture and say he doesnt need it hahaha

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well actually the fake report says he received a medical exemption to receive it meaning it was prescribed. So again hed have a medical reason. So even based on the "rumor" hes doing it for medical reasons. You post a picture and say he doesnt need it hahaha

If you want to believe a 28 year old man with the genetics to be an elite athlete needs HGH, that's on you. The numbers alone tell you he's most likely cheating, couple that with his physique and all the rumors, and well, the dudes on the juice. He's probably not running juice like Altuve, but that boy ain't natty, that's for damn sure. 

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you want to believe a 28 year old man with the genetics to be an elite athlete needs HGH, that's on you. The numbers alone tell you he's most likely cheating, couple that with his physique and all the rumors, and well, the dudes on the juice. He's probably not running juice like Altuve, but that boy ain't natty, that's for damn sure. 

Thanks doc.

So Rocco baldelli had genetics to be an elite athlete but had no strength by 28. Guess his elite athlete Gene's should have overcome any issues.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

31 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Its human growth hormone not testosterone. Two very different hormones.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Yes many people including athletes have a medical need for various hormones.  The fact there there is a waiver process for it is evidence of that. His high level would be tested regularly to be positive it doesn't rise above a normal level. The fact that he went through this process actually makes it much less likely he could cheat and get a abnormally high level to have a substantial effect on his performance. 

Edited by ptatc

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Any examples? 

It would be a HIPPA violation to discuss my personal patients. However, I believe some that have come out were serena William's and simone biles.

Edited by ptatc