MLB cheating scandal

Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

I think most of this is right -- but the fact that you take the (defensible) premise of "there are systems in place that prevent us from proving the use of PEDs" as evidence that "most players are using PEDs and I know who they are" is the crux of the issue.

I'm taking all the circumstantial evidence, as well as history, and putting 2 and 2 together. This isn't a court of law, so I'm allowed to speculate. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Here's another fun one: During Lance Armstrong's reign of TDF championships, 87% of the top 10 Tour De France finishers all tested positive at some point. That's 61 out of 70. 

Tested positive for what?

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

Why?

Because this isn't Walter Cronkite's news at 6 it's a MESSAGE BOARD.  FFS the entire function is to talk among ourselves about rumors and news and SPECULATE on those topics.

"oh no we can't speculate that Serena is on vitamins" -- hell yea I can look at her shoulders!  LOOK AT TENNIS.  LOOK AT NADAL!  They are all getting help, or most of them.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Because this isn't Walter Cronkite's news at 6 it's a MESSAGE BOARD.  FFS the entire function is to talk among ourselves about rumors and news and SPECULATE on those topics.

"oh no we can't speculate that Serena is on vitamins" -- hell yea I can look at her shoulders!  LOOK AT TENNIS.  LOOK AT NADAL!  They are all getting help, or most of them.

Speculation presented as speculation is not met with derision.

Speculation presented as fact is rightly met with derision.

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

I'm taking all the circumstantial evidence, as well as history, and putting 2 and 2 together. This isn't a court of law, so I'm allowed to speculate. 

"Putting 2 and 2 together" is where the problem lies. You're saying you have a hunch. Nothing wrong with having a hunch, but it's a hunch.

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

"Putting 2 and 2 together" is where the problem lies. You're saying you have a hunch. Nothing wrong with having a hunch, but it's a hunch.

Well, duh. I don't think anybody is under the delusion that any of this speculation can be proven. It probably won't ever be. MLB has to protect Trout just like the NBA had to protect Jordan. It took years for us to realize he was a scumbag. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

30 minutes ago, greg775 said:

How come Houston gets to keep its WS trophy? Blatant cheating and the Altuve thing is crazy. It's obvious he was hiding something under that jersey, totally obvious.

The LA City Council will vote to formally request that MLB retroactively award to the Dodgers the 2017 and 2018 World Series titles:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-01-15/los-angeles-city-council-vote-mlb-award-dodgers-championship-trophies 

Political theatre... but, interesting. 

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's obvious that to compete in any endurance sport you have to be on the dope.  You can enter the event but you ain't gonna win if you're all natty.  Power sports mostly the same like sprinting, weight lifting, MMA, Bobsled.  Especially when power/weight ratio is everything.

It's not obvious and again would be wrong in the Olympic sports with testing. I have no idea about testing in things like MMA.

I"ll say just as someone that has worked out literally going on two decades now and been on nothing but creatine and protein the entire time it's very, very easy to see the guys at the gym that are cycling T.

They are shredded at 6% body fat, have massive biceps and do light weight maintenance off cycle and then on cycle lift heavy.

If I can see it, I'm absolutely sure pro trainers and athletes can see it.

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Various PED's including HGH, EPO and Test. 

Hgh and testosterone will be testing for and they were caught. EPO is a different animal and is more difficult to test for.

Testing has made leaps and bound advances since that time, including baseline testing which is much more difficult to cheat, I know we've discussed that before

Just now, ptatc said:

Hgh and testosterone will be testing for and they were caught. EPO is a different animal and is more difficult to test for.

Testing has made leaps and bound advances since that time, including baseline testing which is much more difficult to cheat, I know we've discussed that before

And we've always discussed how the tests are designed to catch cheaters in the past. They're always 1 step behind. You can't design an anti-virus for a virus that hasn't been written. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I"ll say just as someone that has worked out literally going on two decades now and been on nothing but creatine and protein the entire time it's very, very easy to see the guys at the gym that are cycling T.

They are shredded at 6% body fat, have massive biceps and do light weight maintenance off cycle and then on cycle lift heavy.

Sure. But it's very difficult to cheat the baseline blood testing, if they participate in the sports that do it.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's all in the traps. 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

And we've always discussed how the tests are designed to catch cheaters in the past. They're always 1 step behind. You can't design an anti-virus for a virus that hasn't been written. 

Yes you can. Thet no longer need to test for anything. They just check for levels that have changed for whatever reason. They dint need to know what to test for any longer. That is why the new systems are so hard to beat.

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

It's all in the traps. 

lol I almost subbed that for biceps.  two smaller muscle groups that are very hard to get to "pop" unless you're on gear.  And traps on a woman is a dead giveway she's on the female version of T, I forget its common name right now.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

8 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Well, duh. I don't think anybody is under the delusion that any of this speculation can be proven. It probably won't ever be. MLB has to protect Trout just like the NBA had to protect Jordan. It took years for us to realize he was a scumbag. 

You really are a conspiracy theorist arent you? This said with admiration as I am too in certain areas.

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you had to guess, what percentage of NFL players do you think are natty? 

It depends on how you define it. Very few can abuse PED on a regular basis like in the 80s when I worked there. That percentage  is minimal. If you count microdosing the night before a game, it's probably 80% are doing something. This is the weakness in the NFL testing, they dont test game days at all. 

Edited by ptatc

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It depends on how you define it. Very few can abuse PED on a regular basis like in the 80s when I worked there. That percentage  is minimal. If you count microdosing the night before a game, it's probably 80% are doing something. This is the weakness in the NFL testing, they dont test game days at all. 

Still?

Just now, ptatc said:

It depends on how you define it. Very few can abuse PED on a regular basis like in the 80s when I worked there. That percentage  is minimal. If you count microdosing the night before a game, it's probably 80%. 

You seriously think guys like JJ Watt, Aaron Donald and David Johnson are natural? Like, wtf? 

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You would be wrong but speculate away. It's nice not to need information to spout opinions.