Ticket Codes

Harry Chappas

Today's presale requires your season ticket account number as the code so if you don't have one I think you are out of luck.

Prices have really gone up for the big games. For example,  for opening day a reserved seat in the outfield (section 103) was $79 plus fees and taxes so the ticket is a little over $100 each!

I think they used to include the taxes in the base price- now they add them on so in essence the Sox got an additional price increase. My regular season tickets also went up 8 to 10% from last year.

Hope it translates to victories.... 

4 hours ago, palehose1 said:

Today's presale requires your season ticket account number as the code so if you don't have one I think you are out of luck.

Prices have really gone up for the big games. For example,  for opening day a reserved seat in the outfield (section 103) was $79 plus fees and taxes so the ticket is a little over $100 each!

I think they used to include the taxes in the base price- now they add them on so in essence the Sox got an additional price increase. My regular season tickets also went up 8 to 10% from last year.

They haven't added the taxes the last couple years to the base price I can say for certain.  And the taxes are kind of insane. A $55 ticket comes out to like 70 bucks.

15 hours ago, palehose1 said:

How much were bleachers and upper reserved tickets?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

How much were bleachers and upper reserved tickets?

Thanks.

I just checked and it looks like the bleachers and whole outfield is sold out.

Upper corners start at $25 and range up to $39 for the upper deck.  Cheapest lower bowl looks like $75 in sec 108 & 156.

Edited by SouthWallace

One of my close friends birthday is March 26 so we bought 6 lower deck box tickets by first base at 89$ each- with taxes they were $616 in total.  More than we wanted to spend but outfield (sec 103) was $79 each plus taxes and fees so we went for the better seats......

The Sox do hold some seats back for season ticket packages and will release them to the public about a week before the game...

On 1/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, Harry Chappas said:

Anyone know if there are presale codes out there? 

There used to be a Yelp thread with codes, but I think that has since been shut down. Now I just go through my ticket guy and get discounted tickets in the outfield for the games I want to go to. I never pay full price to go to the game.

• 3 weeks later...

So every summer I visit family in Chicago where I grew up (been in Florida for the last 15 years) and we always catch a game with my kids. Grabbed tickets to 6/28 game vs Oakland. I always sit in the outfield, as my kids love the kids zone in left. Anyway, I was really surprised how little there was this far before the season (and before the game). Are ticket sales improving with all the additions?

4 hours ago, HakunaMachado said:

So every summer I visit family in Chicago where I grew up (been in Florida for the last 15 years) and we always catch a game with my kids. Grabbed tickets to 6/28 game vs Oakland. I always sit in the outfield, as my kids love the kids zone in left. Anyway, I was really surprised how little there was this far before the season (and before the game). Are ticket sales improving with all the additions?

They're still probably holding back a lot of tickets in hopes of selling plans.

Also on Sundays from May-August, Reggie's, a bar at Cermak/State, buys up a big block of bleacher seats.

So if you look at 160-161, the former likely is why there's nothing in the 1st 10 rows, while the latter is why there's nothing in row 17 in up.