Hire AJ Hinch to replace Ricky?

ron883

Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?

Anybody else on board with getting a legitimate MLB manager? I know the optics may be rough, but Hinch would manage circles around Ricky.

What I'm not clear about is the punishment. Does he have to be employed for the suspension time to count? Or can we just hire him next year?

Anybody else agree this is the way to go? It would be buying low on a good manager. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I believe that AJ Hinch is a better manager than Ricky Renteria. I do not believe that managers are that valuable and being the team that hired back in AJ Hinch would make me mad. I would be against doing this, but not to the point that I would stop cheering for the team or anything.

• Thanks 4

He will be suspended as soon as he is hired.  So if he doesn't get a job in 2020, he will be suspended for a season as soon as he is hired.  I don't expect his next job to be a managerial job for this exact reason.

And no, I wouldn't do this.  But I strongly support other ideas to get Ricky Renteria away from this clubhouse.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He will be suspended as soon as he is hired.  So if he doesn't get a job in 2020, he will be suspended for a season as soon as he is hired.  I don't expect his next job to be a managerial job for this exact reason.

And no, I wouldn't do this.  But I strongly support other ideas to get Ricky Renteria away from this clubhouse.  

giphy.gif

• Love 1

Rick Renteria gets such a bad rap on this site.

I believe he will get the most out of the young players on this team. I believe they will run through a brick wall for him. Can he improve his strategic moves? Sure he can. But look at the crap he has been given to work with during the rebuild.

Cut him some slack and see what he can do.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Rick Renteria gets such a bad rap on this site.

I believe he will get the most out of the young players on this team. I believe they will run through a brick wall for him. Can he improve his strategic moves? Sure he can. But look at the crap he has been given to work with during the rebuild.

Cut him some slack and see what he can do.

Yes.  Anything else just seems silly, reactionary and unprofessional.  There’s no data yet. We need data. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hinch is already suspended, his firing doesn't lift that ban. He can't manage avain before 2021.

Well, apparently we haven’t learned from 1917...Hinch has now had two chances to get it right, and he flunked in different ways, both times.

Who knows, the White Sox originally drafted him and he has that Stanford connection with KW, but the likelihood of this is 1/1000.

Would rather bring in Luhnow to continue revolutionizing the front office, but that would be a direct threat to Hahn.  Sometimes that type of direct competition brings out the best in people, at other times, it leads to the Cleveland Browns level of dysfunction and infighting.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

We know Chris Correa...formerly of the Cards and serving that lifetime ban...has to be elated Luhnow’s finally getting his comeuppance.

Yes I'm sure the criminal is glad that the guy he hacked is getting his comeuppance 🙄

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yes I'm sure the criminal is glad that the guy he hacked is getting his comeuppance 🙄

That story is MUCH more nuanced, and anyone taking Luhnow’s side without considering the circumstances of his departure from St. Louis and the execs he took with him knows that both guys are far from angels. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

That story is MUCH more nuanced, and anyone taking Luhnow’s side without considering the circumstances of his departure from St. Louis and the execs he took with him knows that both guys are far from angels. 

Correa literally broke laws and went to jail.  The nuance stops right there.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zisk said:

Some people say if you aren't cheating , you're not trying. I'll bet they all voted for Trump. I think i'll keep my self respect instead.

A lot of people voted for Trump.  I’m not sure how that makes them all cheaters but okay...  🙄

Take your lame political message to a democratic message board.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1