Hire AJ Hinch to replace Ricky?

ron883

Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, apparently we haven’t learned from 1917...Hinch has now had two chances to get it right, and he flunked in different ways, both times.

Who knows, the White Sox originally drafted him and he has that Stanford connection with KW, but the likelihood of this is 1/1000.

Would rather bring in Luhnow to continue revolutionizing the front office, but that would be a direct threat to Hahn.  Sometimes that type of direct competition brings out the best in people, at other times, it leads to the Cleveland Browns level of dysfunction and infighting.

Reinsdorf would never hire Luhnow knowing he'd fire all the guys Reinsdorf considers family. Luhnow is ruthless. Get on board with the program or you are gone from the bottom to the top.

7 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I mean, someone is going to hire these guys within the next couple years.

I just was watching MLBN. Rosenthal doesn’t think there is a chance in hell Lunhow holds a job like GM again.

And Hinch is supposedly going to go on an apology tour.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just was watching MLBN. Rosenthal doesn’t think there is a chance in hell Lunhow holds a job like GM again.

I think he's very naive then.

You can look across the sports landscape of this country and see a multitude of way worse shit and guys continuing to get jobs if their good.  At the end of the day most fanbases and orginizations want to win, many at the cost of some moral high ground.

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And Hinch is supposedly going to go on an apology tour.

One of the bottom 5-7 franchises is going to get desperate and hire them as a package deal.

They might not hire Hinch to manage the big league team right away, he would probably start off with some front office or scouting/instructional title and then spend at least one or two years in the minors or as 3rd base or bench coach doing "penance" for their crimes.

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Who knows, the White Sox originally drafted him and he has that Stanford connection with KW, but the likelihood of this is 1/1000.

I vaguely remember the negotiations between the Sox and Hinch getting very ugly.  I think there were recriminations against Hinch’s family.  I don’t think there is any love lost there.  So 1/1000 might even be kind.

3 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

The Sox will someday have a manager better than Renteria, but it won't be AJ Hinch.  

Curious to see how Reenteria is with actual talents, maybe he can stop playing games with the lineup and forced/unnecessary small ball

Managers aren't THAT important, but you are limited with an inferior one

That being said, Hinch is suspended for the season and I find it unlikely

2 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I think he's very naive then.

You can look across the sports landscape of this country and see a multitude of way worse shit and guys continuing to get jobs if their good.  At the end of the day most fanbases and orginizations want to win, many at the cost of some moral high ground.

The NFL alone is full of second and third and fourth chances for domestic abusers and etc.

MLB is different, but I doubt this saga is over and I doubt this story is over for Hinch and Luhnow

One of the most jarring bits of this report is that the players interviewed uniformly agreed that if Hinch had said to stop they would have, but Hinch reportedly said he didn’t like it and even said he damaged the monitor a couple times when he clearly had the authority to make it end.

I don’t know if that means Hinch lied to investigators and thought that lie would make him look better or if it means there were some seriously weird power dynamics in that locker room where he felt powerless compared to his assistant coach, but whatever it was, Hinch does not come out looking like the kind of person I would want in charge of a locker room right now.

But, I’m ok with the suspension and firing for him as fair punishment. So, if he wants back into this sport, there’s a simple path. Find an org where he’s on good terms and in 2020 ride the bus and coach AA. You don’t get a big league coaching job when you have that kind of black mark on your record as a leader. Work your way back up for a couple years and then you can talk about one of the only 30 big league jobs.

16 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I dont think so, the ban is specifically for 2020

Yah, looks like one of the early articles I read had bad info.  My bad for passing it along.  

Good for Hinch. He should be able to get another job.  The way it sounded early on, it was effectively a lifetime ban.  Who is going to hire a guy just to have him be suspended for a year?  With him seemingly allowing this to go on, but not the mastermind behind it, that seems fair.  

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 3:15 PM, ron883 said:

Anybody else on board with getting a legitimate MLB manager? I know the optics may be rough, but Hinch would manage circles around Ricky.

What I'm not clear about is the punishment. Does he have to be employed for the suspension time to count? Or can we just hire him next year?

Anybody else agree this is the way to go? It would be buying low on a good manager. 

Why does everyone think Ricky isn't a legitimate manager? When you trot out the players we have trotted out the last couple years no one could have managed that team to be successful. And I won't even bring up the horrible pitchers. I don't know if he is good or bad but it's hard to tell when your dealt with the hand he has been dealt. We will find out this year  for sure I guess