Hire AJ Hinch to replace Ricky?

ron883

Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The results of this poll are depressing, but I guess not surprising and the percentages are in line with analogous polling on other topics.  There's just a sizeable minority of amoral people out there.

I'm sorry, I'll call your virtue signal and raise you people can be rehabilitated and deserve a second chance.

• Haha 1

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

I'm sorry, I'll call your virtue signal and raise you people can be rehabilitated and deserve a second chance.

When there are only 30 of these jobs and potentially hundreds of qualified candidates, if you hire him directly without him serving in any other job first - you're seriously signaling that you think the cheating was a virtue and you want to jump on him because of that.

If he doesn't want this to be the last story of AJ Hinch in baseball, then he should go manage in the minors or maybe serve as someone's bench coach for a couple years first. That'd be him signaling that he wants to move past this, and if you hired him then - that's reasonable. 

I'd take him as my AA manager in 2021.

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Nice try, but the poll just suggests hiring AJ Hinch and firing Ricky.  There's no evidence anybody was "rehabilitated."  Just that they were caught. 

You don't  know that.  He hasn't even served his time yet, and this is the sentence MLB gave him.  If they thought he should have been Rose'd, they should have did it.

It's quite the holier than thou approach to state wanting Hinch to take over for Ricky, an inferior manager, makes one "amoral".  It's a sport, I don't want him to be my priest.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

You don't  know that.  He hasn't even served his time yet, and this is the sentence MLB gave him.  If they thought he should have been Rose'd, they should have did it.

It's quite the holier than thou approach to state wanting Hinch to take over for Ricky, an inferior manager, makes one "amoral".  It's a sport, I don't want him to be my priest.

I "don't know" which of the things I said in the post: what the poll says, or that there's no evidence Hinch has been rehabilitated?  The poll says what it says.  Hinch's punishment was handed down like 24 hours ago -- as you say, he hasn't even served his time yet, and unless you have footage of him being visited by three spirits overnight it's a stretch to say you have evidence he's been "rehabilitated" in the last few hours.  If somebody is saying they want Hinch immediately on the heels of his suspension and firing for cheating they simply don't care about having a cheater as a manager--they don't care about "rehabilitation."  Don't be obtuse.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I "don't know" which of the things I said in the post: what the poll says, or that there's no evidence Hinch has been rehabilitated?  The poll says what it says.  Hinch's punishment was handed down like 24 hours ago -- as you say, he hasn't even served his time yet, and unless you have footage of him being visited by three spirits overnight it's a stretch to say you have evidence he's been "rehabilitated" in the last few hours.  If somebody is saying they want Hinch immediately on the heels of his suspension and firing for cheating they simply don't care about having a cheater as a manager--they don't care about "rehabilitation."  Don't be obtuse.

How is this in any way immediate?  He has 1 year to serve the suspension and could take over for Ricky next year or the following year. 

This is a hypothetical scenario in which some voters voted they would like Hinch to take over for Ricky, because he's a better manager.  Instead of just seeing it for what it is you went on a rant about people being "amoral". It's sports.  

2 hours ago, SoxSteve said:

Why does everyone think Ricky isn't a legitimate manager? When you trot out the players we have trotted out the last couple years no one could have managed that team to be successful. And I won't even bring up the horrible pitchers. I don't know if he is good or bad but it's hard to tell when your dealt with the hand he has been dealt. We will find out this year  for sure I guess

The lousy roster doesn't excuse his asinine decision making. His lineups were an absolute joke. How can you defend batting Yonder cleanup as often as he did? Yonder had a historically bad run here, yet Ricky kept trotting him out there in the cleanup spot.

Edited by ron883

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The lousy roster doesn't excuse his asinine decision making. His lineups were an absolute joke. How can you defend batting Yonder cleanup as often as he did? Yonder had a historically bad run here, yet Ricky kept trotting him out there in the cleanup spot.

Not wanting to put pressure on a 22 year old kid to feel like he must carry the offense

On 1/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, Jerksticks said:

Yes.  Anything else just seems silly, reactionary and unprofessional.  There’s no data yet. We need data. 

What do you mean there is no data? We have watched him the last 3 seasons. The issues with Ricky are not about the White Sox losing record. 

On 1/13/2020 at 4:23 PM, chetkincaid said:

Rick Renteria gets such a bad rap on this site.

I believe he will get the most out of the young players on this team. I believe they will run through a brick wall for him. Can he improve his strategic moves? Sure he can. But look at the crap he has been given to work with during the rebuild.

Cut him some slack and see what he can do.

I'm willing to see what Ricky  can do with a MLB caliber roster, although the bullpen still needs help.

Look at Jim Fregosi.  He was awful when he was here (during a rebuild).   Five years after the Sox canned him,  he had the Phillies in the World Series.

I remember when the Sox drafted AJ Hinch out of  high school in 1991 (he didn't sign).

• 8 months later...
On 1/13/2020 at 8:50 PM, SouthWallace said:

The Sox will someday have a manager better than Renteria, but it won't be AJ Hinch.  

On 1/14/2020 at 5:42 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

I typically enjoy Ron’s troll posts, but this one is just stupid as fuck.  I don’t like Ricky but Hinch is not the answer and the Sox would never sign him anyways.

Well well. There were other posts that deserved a quote, but these two were good. Especially Chicago White Sox. You're about to get signatured! 

I don't want to hear any more b****ing about my track record. Once again I'm ahead of the curve on a likely Sox move. This isn't the first time - won't be the last. 

• Haha 1

I can see fans are split on this 50/50.  How are players feelings on this?  Does hiring Hinch prevent them from signing a Bauer type player or anyone significant?  I'm not sure how players feel about the guy being their manager after the crazy shit of the last year.  I'd hope Hahn would gauge the players thoughts and read the room when it comes to hiring the guy if he's an option.

13 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Well well. There were other posts that deserved a quote, but these two were good. Especially Chicago White Sox. You're about to get signatured! 

I don't want to hear any more b****ing about my track record. Once again I'm ahead of the curve on a likely Sox move. This isn't the first time - won't be the last. 

That's the thing about trolling, I guess...sometimes you hook one.  Congratulations?

• 1 month later...

Have to laugh at how fickle the board is, with opinion more than flipped in less than a half season, more successful than most in Sox history.

Shows how paid for attack dog media (Stone, Ozzie, Thomas) and group think easily sways people. Works the same for far more significant decisions than fandom.

As you were.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Have to laugh at how fickle the board is, with opinion more than flipped in less than a half season, more successful than most in Sox history.

Shows how paid for attack dog media (Stone, Ozzie, Thomas) and group think easily sways people. Works the same for far more significant decisions than fandom.

As you were.

Or, the board made an assumption that someone better than AJ could be hired and JR told everyone "Hold my geritol" while bailing his buddy out of the drunk tank.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Or, the board made an assumption that someone better than AJ could be hired and JR told everyone "Hold my geritol" while bailing his buddy out of the drunk tank.

That definitely describes my outlook.  But it does seem like the general consensus of the board shifted dramatically in a pro-Hinch direction over the last few months.  Oh well, Sox have made their bed with the bizarre TLR decision and we're all lying in it.