Hire AJ Hinch to replace Ricky?

ron883

Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Hire AJ Hinch and fire Ricky?

12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

That definitely describes my outlook.  But it does seem like the general consensus of the board shifted dramatically in a pro-Hinch direction over the last few months.  Oh well, Sox have made their bed with the bizarre TLR decision and we're all lying in it.

Everybody clowned on me, but I was right once again.

The entire board owes me an apology.

15 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

At this point, you probably owe everyone apologies for being wrong about Abreu constantly lol

One outlier season and all of the sudden I'm wrong about Abreu? Let's see how next season goes before we get ahead of ourselves. One more great season out of Jose with no PED suspension and maybe I'll issue an apology to Jose.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

One outlier season and all of the sudden I'm wrong about Abreu? Let's see how next season goes before we get ahead of ourselves. One more great season out of Jose with no PED suspension and maybe I'll issue an apology to Jose.

You pretty much always WERE wrong about him.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

One outlier season and all of the sudden I'm wrong about Abreu? Let's see how next season goes before we get ahead of ourselves. One more great season out of Jose with no PED suspension and maybe I'll issue an apology to Jose.

It's "all of a sudden" by the way. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. So you thought Hinch the Sox might be a good fit once his suspension was over. You want credit for being Captain Obvious ? The majority here didn't want Hinch. They didn't want LaRussa. We mostly wanted someone who wasn't controversial and a solid citizen with a track record of success. The team didn't need a side show. Best way to market the team was/is to focus on the players.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's "all of a sudden" by the way. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. So you thought Hinch the Sox might be a good fit once his suspension was over. You want credit for being Captain Obvious ? The majority here didn't want Hinch. They didn't want LaRussa. We mostly wanted someone who wasn't controversial and a solid citizen with a track record of success. The team didn't need a side show. Best way to market the team was/is to focus on the players.

The majority here DID want Hinch. I wanted him before it was the cool thing to do. I was a year ahead of the curve. Once a year passed, most people here wanted him. There were a select group that couldn't stand that he cheated, so they didn't want him. Most did want Hinch, however. We likely would have gotten him if JR didn't step in. 

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

The majority here DID want Hinch. I wanted him before it was the cool thing to do. I was a year ahead of the curve. Once a year passed, most people here wanted him. There were a select group that couldn't stand that he cheated, so they didn't want him. Most did want Hinch, however. We likely would have gotten him if JR didn't step in. 

The majority wanted Hinch over TLR.  I don't think he would have been the majorities first choice.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

You pretty much always WERE wrong about him.

Prior to this career year, Jose put up 2 straight seasons with an fWAR below 2. People treated him like a god among men. I didn't. I was hard on Jose, but I believe I was correct in doing so. He simply wasn't that great in the 2 prior seasons. 

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Prior to this career year, Jose put up 2 straight seasons with an fWAR below 2. People treated him like a god among men. I didn't. I was hard on Jose, but I believe I was correct in doing so. He simply wasn't that great in the 2 prior seasons. 

Obviously WAR is important but simply using WAR as the lone foundation of so many arguments against Jose as if it is the only stat that matters is essentially lying with statistics. He's also played more than *2* seasons.

There's a reason you have a really bad rep on this issue. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The majority wanted Hinch over TLR.  I don't think he would have been the majorities first choice.

This is the correct take, If we only had a choice of the 2 we took the lesser or 2 evils .We have had polls on the subject and the majority wanted someone other than either. This poll is one that said 76% of those who voted were NOT in favor of firing Ricky and hiring Hinch. Yearnin' says "the majority here DID want Hinch" when the evidence to the contrary is right here in the thread he created, then  patted himself on the back in a thread he bumped to do that and he's still wrong with the poll results staring him right in the face.

On one hand he's saying" haha you all clowned me because you all didn't want Hinch and I was right" then turns around and tells us the majority did want Hinch. He seemed very confused.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside