**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Brian

14 hours ago, Brian said:

Yeah this first half was kind of dragging and I wasn’t sure what what happening, but it all came together.

That is like the Vince Gilligan trademark.  There is so much time spent in detail and set up, and then it all pays off in spades at the end.

Yeah, the mid-season finale of Better Call Saul was awesome.  I couldn't figure out what Jimmy and Kim were working on, couldn't quite see what the plan was.  Then it all came together amazingly.  And the shocker at the end of the episode...wow.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:12 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

I started Better Call Saul recently. I am on the 4th season now. It's good and I'm definitely glad they decided to add other characters' pre-BB stories (Mike, Gus, etc) because it would often drag if it was just about Saul.

The Saul stuff is an afterthought at this point.  The stuff with Charlie was interesting but Nacho, Lalo, Gus and Mike make the show.  I wonder if that was how the show was always set to run. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

The Saul stuff is an afterthought at this point.  The stuff with Charlie was interesting but Nacho, Lalo, Gus and Mike make the show.  I wonder if that was how the show was always set to run. 

These last six episodes have to hit the Walt transition and then how he ends up working at a freaking cinabon undercover.  But yeah, the cartel stuff has some run it needs to set up too.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

These last six episodes have to hit the Walt transition and then how he ends up working at a freaking cinabon undercover.  But yeah, the cartel stuff has some run it needs to set up too.

Kim Wexler grew up in Nebraska....little Easter Egg at the start of the last episode along with the Vacuum repair man.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The timelines have to be close to overlapping now.  I can't remember for sure, but the lab under the laundromat was brand new in Breaking Bad, right?  And it's nearing completion now in Better Call Saul.

I want to re-watch Breaking Bad now.

On a side note, I wonder if what happened at the end of the mid-season finale is what make Jimmy become the Saul we knew in Breaking Bad.

Just finished Severance on Apple+.  Great show.  And a hell of a cliffhanger.

The first episode of Season 3 of The Boys was absolutely fucking bonkers.  Looking forward to this season and seeing Jensen Ackles' Soldier Boy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Bear on Hulu is fantastic.  Jeremy Allen White is superb as a highly successful chef taking over the family's hole in the wall restaurant in Chicago.  The show has a Shameless vibe, and not just because of White.  Constant dialogue (a lot of swearing) that sounds authentic, great acting, and surprisingly good character development for eight 30 minute episodes.  Episode 7 looks like, and maybe is, one 20 minute shot that is so intense that I was stressed just watching it.

Highly recommend this show.

7 hours ago, hogan873 said:

The Bear on Hulu is fantastic.  Jeremy Allen White is superb as a highly successful chef taking over the family's hole in the wall restaurant in Chicago.  The show has a Shameless vibe, and not just because of White.  Constant dialogue (a lot of swearing) that sounds authentic, great acting, and surprisingly good character development for eight 30 minute episodes.  Episode 7 looks like, and maybe is, one 20 minute shot that is so intense that I was stressed just watching it.

Looking forward to watching it.   I read that it's based off of Mr. Beef on Orleans which is my favorite beef sandwich.   

On 7/1/2022 at 1:48 PM, RichieZisk said:

Looking forward to watching it.   I read that it's based off of Mr. Beef on Orleans which is my favorite beef sandwich.   

I agree with you on Mr Beef being the best. Just had it a week ago. I also had Al's in River North recently. They definitely make their beef sandwiches smaller now. A big beef is the size of the old regular size beef. The regular size is a joke now. Mr Beef reigns supreme. 

10 hours ago, ron883 said:

So, anybody watch The Boys? Shit is getting real. 

It's so, so, so good. My wife just can't get into Marvel (she's tried) but she really enjoys watching The Boys. 

It's gotten better every season. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's so, so, so good. My wife just can't get into Marvel (she's tried) but she really enjoys watching The Boys. 

It's gotten better every season. 

It's so freaking good. Antony Starr deserves an Emmy nomination for sure. 

The theories that make the most sense to me are:

1. Soldier Boy teams up with Homelander. He strips Homelander of his power either unintentionally because the boys know how to trigger his PTSD, or intentionally because he is all about being macho and he is disgusted by who Homelander truly is. 

2. Butcher and Hughie use the remaining permanent V from Kimiko in order to stop themselves from dying from the temp V. They then lose their powers in the same fight when Soldier Boy strips Homelander of his powers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

It's so freaking good. Antony Starr deserves an Emmy nomination for sure. 

The theories that make the most sense to me are:

1. Soldier Boy teams up with Homelander. He strips Homelander of his power either unintentionally because the boys know how to trigger his PTSD, or intentionally because he is all about being macho and he is disgusted by who Homelander truly is. 

2. Butcher and Hughie use the remaining permanent V from Kimiko in order to stop themselves from dying from the temp V. They then lose their powers in the same fight when Soldier Boy strips Homelander of his powers. 

3.  Homelanders mom is Stormfront, which makes season 2 very uncomfortable for Homelander lmao

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

3.  Homelanders mom is Stormfront, which makes season 2 very uncomfortable for Homelander lmao

Lol yeah that's another one. Makes too much sense. She can fly and would always called him baby. 

On 7/1/2022 at 6:39 AM, hogan873 said:

Finished it last night, what an awesome show.  Didn’t totally get what “the cans” and what Michael was doing, but aside from that, great first season.