Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Recommended Posts

A great series that I haven't really heard people talking about is Grandfather of Harlem.  It has an outstanding 5 star cast, and great story lines.  Solid historic tie ins, with still enough fiction and story telling to make a solid series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

 

The Pilot that I worked on is airing now on NBC, check it out. 
 

 

What is your role with this, and congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Really enjoying The Other Two on HBOMax.

Really funny show, especially the “inside show biz” stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2021 at 9:53 AM, southsider2k5 said:

What is your role with this, and congratulations!

I was an office assistant. Ordinary Joe was exec produced by Matt Reeves, who also had some movie shoot in Chicago last fall. I worked on both of those projects at the same time. Now I work on a show for Apple assisting the EP’s. And before that I was assisting the directors and producers for a Disney show.

Needless to say, I’m exhausted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching the Sopranos for the first time recently. Just finished season 2 last night. Really good so far.

I'm assuming watching the prequel movie should be ok this weekend since I know most of the main characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Started watching the Sopranos for the first time recently. Just finished season 2 last night. Really good so far.

I'm assuming watching the prequel movie should be ok this weekend since I know most of the main characters. 

Man I LOVED the original right up until the ending.  I hated the ending enough that it ruined the show for me for a long time.  I am going to watch the prequel to hopefully get some of that taste out of my mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Started watching the Sopranos for the first time recently. Just finished season 2 last night. Really good so far.

I'm assuming watching the prequel movie should be ok this weekend since I know most of the main characters. 

I'm very jealous of you. Anytime I hear someone is watching Sopranos for the first time makes me smile knowing you get to experience all those episodes for the first time. 

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man I LOVED the original right up until the ending.  I hated the ending enough that it ruined the show for me for a long time.  I am going to watch the prequel to hopefully get some of that taste out of my mouth.

The ending was jarring, but the longer time has gone on, the more I'm OK with it. I'm 100% convinced what happened (I won't spoil it for Sqwert even though it's been like 20 years lol) and that choice by David Chase doesn't change much for me in terms of the show as a whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also just watched the series for the first time a few months ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to the movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest episode of Ted Lasso hit me right in the feels as a member of the dead dad's club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tony said:

I'm very jealous of you. Anytime I hear someone is watching Sopranos for the first time makes me smile knowing you get to experience all those episodes for the first time. 

The ending was jarring, but the longer time has gone on, the more I'm OK with it. I'm 100% convinced what happened (I won't spoil it for Sqwert even though it's been like 20 years lol) and that choice by David Chase doesn't change much for me in terms of the show as a whole. 

It's definitely not alone in having a garbage ending that puts a dump on a shows legacy.   Lost, Dexter, and How I Met Your Mother all were godawful endings.  Dexter was a show ruiner for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's definitely not alone in having a garbage ending that puts a dump on a shows legacy.   Lost, Dexter, and How I Met Your Mother all were godawful endings.  Dexter was a show ruiner for sure.

Didn’t watch Dexter and HIMYM, but Lost in my opinion was so much different than Sopranos. The creators said they ran out of ideas by Season 3 and really didn’t know how to get to the end point. That show got so bad the last few seasons. Sopranos wasn’t as good the last season or so, but it was still great TV. I know the final scene caused a lot of controversy, but I guess it just didn’t ruin things for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's definitely not alone in having a garbage ending that puts a dump on a shows legacy.   Lost, Dexter, and How I Met Your Mother all were godawful endings.  Dexter was a show ruiner for sure.

I didn't think the HIMYM ending was all that bad. I never understood the hate it got.

The ending of the original Rosanne was an all-time WTF moment though. Although with the new show they basically erased the entire final season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foundation on Apple+ is excellent.  Highly recommended for even casual sci-fi fans.  I read that they want to have 8 seasons of 10 episodes.  It looks pricey to produce so we shall see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RichieZisk said:

Foundation on Apple+ is excellent.  Highly recommended for even casual sci-fi fans.  I read that they want to have 8 seasons of 10 episodes.  It looks pricey to produce so we shall see.

The trailers for this definitely intrigued me. Do I need to read the books first?

I recently finished Leviathan Wakes, planning to check out The Expanse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marqhead said:

The trailers for this definitely intrigued me. Do I need to read the books first?

I recently finished Leviathan Wakes, planning to check out The Expanse.

While the books are really good so far the TV show is a great standalone series.   It looks they are changing and expanding on quite a few things from the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Squid Game.  I came away meh.  It wasn't bad or anything, but I just couldn't get past the fact it was a more adult and less teen angsty version of the Hunger Games.  It was interesting, but it definitely felt like I had already seen most of it.  I think the biggest difference was some Korean cultural things, but eliminate that, and it is basically the same show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Midnight Mass was one of the best series I've seen.  Creepy throughout, several jump-scares, incredible dialogue, and some of the best acting, especially from Hamish Linklater and Samantha Sloyan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first season of Ted Lasso may be my favorite season of TV in a long time. I just love that show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2021 at 3:08 PM, BigSqwert said:

So glad to see Succession is back. What a great show.

The show does such a great job making you care about people and hate them at the same time.  Some of the best TV right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found myself with more available tv time over the last couple of weeks...I wonder why.  Wife and I finally got around to watching the first 3 seasons of Yellowstone over the last week....looking forward to season 4.  Pretty fun escapist TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2021 at 11:17 AM, wegner said:

Found myself with more available tv time over the last couple of weeks...I wonder why.  Wife and I finally got around to watching the first 3 seasons of Yellowstone over the last week....looking forward to season 4.  Pretty fun escapist TV.

Yellowstone is great. Beth is the best character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yellowstone is great. Beth is the best character.

Don't mess with Beth....that's for damn sure.

After all the praise here....told my wife we need to binge Succession next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wegner said:

Don't mess with Beth....that's for damn sure.

After all the praise here....told my wife we need to binge Succession next.

I tried Succession but it was pretty boring to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×