Sign in to follow this  
Brian

**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

On 1/13/2022 at 2:17 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Are we ready to talk about Dexter fucking up the ending AGAIN??

I wasn't really upset with how it ended but the build up to it. Felt so rushed, they left out things that would have been really interesting to seen (Batista actually confronting Dexter)

On 1/13/2022 at 2:17 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Are we ready to talk about Dexter fucking up the ending AGAIN??

I had turned off Showtime after Billions ended for the season, and was thinking about getting it again for Dexter, but sounds like I am glad I didn't.

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I wasn't really upset with how it ended but the build up to it. Felt so rushed, they left out things that would have been really interesting to seen (Batista actually confronting Dexter)

I thought so too. But I guess that is the problem with a mini-series. Maybe if they signed on for more seasons up front, the story could have been fleshed out more.

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I had turned off Showtime after Billions ended for the season, and was thinking about getting it again for Dexter, but sounds like I am glad I didn't.

Idk if you use a streaming service or not, but YouTube TV offered premium channels for $1 for 2 months at the end of November. Since I was going to wait for Dexter to be finished and add it for a month anyway, I jumped on that deal. That has led me to watching Yellowjackets and now Your Honor (with Bryan Cranston) currently.

Peacemaker is fucking amazing 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Peacemaker is fucking amazing 

Should I rewatch Suicide Squad before I jump in?

2 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Should I rewatch Suicide Squad before I jump in?

I mean if you remember what happened you are fine.  The show doesn't dwell on it very long 

I started Station Eleven. We are 3 episodes in and I can't figure out if I like it or not. Real weird and I have no idea what's happening at times, or why things are happening or who people are.

Yellowjackets with an awesome finale. I guess I was wrong about Jackie, and honestly I think it's lame to have her story end like that. Wouldn't survival instinct kick in and just get your ass in the house? Seemed a bit farfetched that her pride let her freeze to death. 

And Book of Boba Fett?? Honestly....not enjoying it very much. It's fine, I'll keep watching, but I just don't find it that fun. That awful chase scene with the Power Rangers kids was so cringey. Terrible CGI with characters/outfits/vehicles that didn't fit the Star Wars universe at all. Totally took me out of it and reminded me that Disney owns the IP. I've been way more excited about the Obi Wan series than I ever was about this Boba series, but now my expectations have fallen a bit since Madalorian. 

Started watching Archive 81 on Netflix the other day and I'm really enjoying it. 

I'm infatuated with the main female character. :wub:

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I started Station Eleven. We are 3 episodes in and I can't figure out if I like it or not. Real weird and I have no idea what's happening at times, or why things are happening or who people are.

I just finished watching all 10 episodes.  The 10th episode is the final of the show so no waiting for more seasons.   I agree that it is hard to get in to but I'm glad I stuck with it since it is a good show and everything is explained and tied up by the final episode.  Lots of scenes in Chicago including a 2005 flashback where the actor is wearing a Sox scarf.  

For those of you who don't know Station Eleven is about a COVID type virus that is super contagious and far deadlier.  It's not so much about the spread but what happens to a certain group of survivors.  It can seem bleak at times especially considering the current circumstances but overall its an entertaining show.