Tigers Sign Ivan Nova - 1/$1.5M + incentives

ChiSox59

44 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

I could see him dominating us lol

If there's one type of pitcher the White Sox have historically struggled against, it's that soft throwing sinker baller that sucks against just about everyone else. 

54 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Wow, I didn’t want Nova back but that is ridiculously cheap, depending on how tough the incentives are to hit.

I would’ve brought him back for that price as well to be a swingman out of the bullpen, but he probably wanted to go to a team where he would get an opportunity to start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I would’ve brought him back for that price as well to be a swingman out of the bullpen, but he probably wanted to go to a team where he would get an opportunity to start.

And a team with a stadium that would improve his numbers.

Nova was a good soldier. He was a guy alot of the young Sox pitchers complimented as a good mentor. If I'm not mistaken wasn't he the guy (or one of the guys) who had all the starters go to the bullpen to watch a teammate who was about to start the game throw? I wish him the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Nova was a good soldier. He was a guy alot of the young Sox pitchers complimented as a good mentor. If I'm not mistaken wasn't he the guy (or one of the guys) who had all the starters go to the bullpen to watch a teammate who was about to start the game throw? I wish him the best.

I would have liked to keep him for a bullpen role. But good shit getting that spot. 

I wish Nova the best.  When I heard that he offered young Hispanic players like Lopez money to do interviews in English so that they would try to get more comfortable speaking a second language, I appreciated him a lot more.  He didn't have his best stuff anymore but he grinded out a lot of games and did his job.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I like Ivanova . Sounds like a Russian hockey player when put together. He did exactly what they expected him to do .pitch and stay healthy . And he did more by mentoring . Thumbs up from me.

Except all Russian females take the "A" at the end from their father's names....Ivanov becomes Ivanova, Pavlov becomes Pavlova, Sharapov becomes Sharapova, etc.