Tigers Sign Ivan Nova - 1/$1.5M + incentives

ChiSox59

12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

SoxTalk is world-renowned for its cogent discussions of obscure Women's Professional Hockey Leagues in Eastern/Northern Europe and Russia.

The Winter Olympics isn't obscure. Besides  you assumed I meant a male hockey player that's not my fault. My original comment was gender neutral and you tried to correct something that didn't need correcting . So ha once again ! ;)

agree with most of what has been said ... very cheap deal, but probably because he wanted a chance to have another full year of starts under his belt to try to keep his career going. He gets that role with Detroit. Meanwhile Detroit has added a few decent pieces that should make them more competitive this year. Schoop, Cron, Nova ... I can see them adding an OF like Puig too for cheap. Depending on who else they may add on the cheap this off season + some of their young SP's (time manipulation will likely come into play) they may be a somewhat competitive team -- 70-75 wins instead of a 55-60 win team. Good to see for MLB in general. Need less of teams that just throw in the towel completely. 

Can see them going after Melky, Bucholz, Trevor Cahill, Puig, Vargas, Neil Walker types ... obviously not crazy talented FA, but serviceable guys that can help them win a few games.

• 2 weeks later...