Sign in to follow this  
YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

White Sox sign Andrew Romine

This is obviously just a ploy to lure Austin Romine here when McCann leaves...I am so sick of the front office playing these games 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I got him confused with the other Romine and thought McCann is getting traded.

I did the same thing last year with Brian vs James last off season

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Not really.

If Tim got hurt, the top minor league SS is Laz Rivera who hit .248/.287/.318 in AA last season. Then maybe Yolbert Sanchez who hasn't even played stateside yet.  

So yah, I'd say he's SS insurance in Charlotte.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

If Tim got hurt, the top minor league SS is Laz Rivera who hit .248/.287/.318 in AA last season. Then maybe Yolbert Sanchez who hasn't even played stateside yet.  

I'd imagine that there's a 50/50 chance if he's not brought up with the big club when rosters go to 26 in March he's cut loose and tries his luck in another org.  I think he's insurance in case TA suffers a major injury in spring training, god forbid.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Insurance in this case assumes protection against injury.  Romine is just a whole lotta bad.  I think I’d rather see Leury at SS and Mendick is probably better insurance than Romine anyways.

Once Madrigal is up with the varsity he would likely start at 2B with Mendick the reserve. If Anderson got hurt for a bit I could see Madrigal slide over to SS or else Mendick if he can handle SS at this level. 

I played him on FanDuel a handful of times when he was in Detroit because he was always minimum priced and sometimes I needed a punt play. 

I also watch the Tigers on TV a lot since I live in Detroit. Man, is he hopeless at the plate. His career OPS is even lower than Engel.