Jim Bowden Top 50 Prospect List

Bob Sacamano

16 minutes ago, mqr said:

He's generally a moron

Jim has probably seen like 10 ab's combined from everyone on his list. lol

And when I saw that he had quotes about each player from GM's and player personnel I thought he was going to have quotes from like scouts and stuff that weren't with the organization that the guy plays for; even if anonymous. Rick Hahn thinks highly of Luis Robert? NO WAY, JIM!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Really excited for all 4 of them. 2021 looks crazy good.

CF - Robert

2B - Madrigal 

3B - Moncada

RF - Eloy

DH - Abreu

C - Grandal

1B - Vaughn

SS - Anderson

LF - Mazara

FIFY:

Robert CF, Moncada 3B, Betts RF, Eloy LF, Grandal C, Abreu DH, Vaughn 1B, Anderson SS, Madrigal 2B

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

FIFY:

Robert CF, Moncada 3B, Betts RF, Eloy LF, Grandal C, Abreu DH, Vaughn 1B, Anderson SS, Madrigal 2B

If Betts signs I’ll dance naked anywhere you ask me to.

I had a brain fart putting Eloy in right though, for sure. 😆

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

That catch was unbelievable...but I also thought holy crap don't get hurt!!

My best buddy broke his wrist on a play like that in college and it destroyed his career; a true freshman starting at a top 5 program. Never recovered fully from the injury.

When I saw that, I cringed at his wrist rolling under his body. 

MLB Pipeline says Vaughn is the highest rated first base prospect since Cody Bellinger. A lineup of Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, Eloy and Cody Bellinger??  Goosebumps.  Mazara and Collins could have breakthrough seasons as past top prospects and we wouldn't even notice...and poor Tim Anderson...batting champion ignored.  

Highest Ceiling: Vaughn
Not only is Vaughn the best all-around hitter among first-base prospects, he's also on the short list of the best all-around hitters in the Minors. He could produce a .300 batting average, 30 homers and 80 walks on an annual basis.

10 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

MLB Pipeline says Vaughn is the highest rated first base prospect since Cody Bellinger. A lineup of Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, Eloy and Cody Bellinger??  Goosebumps.  Mazara and Collins could have breakthrough seasons as past top prospects and we wouldn't even notice...and poor Tim Anderson...batting champion ignored.  

Not only is Vaughn the best all-around hitter among first-base prospects, he's also on the short list of the best all-around hitters in the Minors. He could produce a .300 batting average, 30 homers and 80 walks on an annual basis.

How are we obtaining Cody Bellinger, or Betts?

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My best buddy broke his wrist on a play like that in college and it destroyed his career; a true freshman starting at a top 5 program. Never recovered fully from the injury.

When I saw that, I cringed at his wrist rolling under his body. 

Sorry to hear about your buddy. Wrist injuries can be devastating to baseball players. 

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

We could be 3 months into the season next year and people honestly might be calling for Vaughn to be promoted. He's going to smash Birmingham like no one has.

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

No, that doesn't mean Vaughn = Bellinger.

Soxtalk can really suck.  You get a little excited about something you read...you post it and then the howling negatives come out of the woodwork to tell you how wrong and stupid you are.  Ok Vaughn isnt Bellinger...hes Frank Thomas 2.0.  Better?  .300 hitter with 30+ homers and 100 walks hitting in a lineup with 4 other superstars. Im gonna go dream somewhere else.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Soxtalk can really suck.  You get a little excited about something you read...you post it and then the howling negatives come out of the woodwork to tell you how wrong and stupid you are.  Ok Vaughn isnt Bellinger...hes Frank Thomas 2.0.  Better?  .300 hitter with 30+ homers and 100 walks hitting in a lineup with 4 other superstars. Im gonna go dream somewhere else.  

You call that a dream? .300 hitter with 30+ homeruns? 

Pfft. Vaughn's winning the triple crown, at least once. Get your pessimism outta here