McDowell says White Sox/Larussa Cheated

Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ahh, you're right. He was drafted in 84 and 87. Regardless, he was on the team like 6 months after LaRussa left. You're acting like he had no communication with the players that played with LaRussa.

I'm not acting about anything.    McDowell is talking as if he was full witness of the cheating, he was't even there.   Going by pure hearsay.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'm not acting about anything.    McDowell is talking as if he was full witness of the cheating, he was't even there.   Going by pure hearsay.  

No, he didn't talk like that. I'm pretty sure he is assuming his teammates who told him this wouldn't make up something like that out of nowhere.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I will say, I have no idea what camera's were good enough in the 1980's to zoom in from the outfield stands into the fingers of a catcher... But I don't know why Jack would make this up; well, he does hate LaRussa but still. Odds are this is true, and makes me even happier that we fired this ass hat.

First of all, LaRussa wasn't here in the late 80's. He was fired halfway through 1986. Before McDowell was up.....He didn't come up until 1987 after LaRussa was gone. So he never played for LaRussa. McDowell's memory sounds like it's playing tricks on him. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How is he salty? Because he doesn't like to see cheaters prospering off the game they are cheating?

How can you ask how he is salty? He was not part of the organization during the time in which he is speaking so he has second hand knowledge and is speaking as if he was part of the process. It would be somewhat credible if he was int eh organization when this happened or explained how it was handed down from LaRussa to the organization and carried forward to his time.

He is failing to tell this part of the story which is pretty important. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

How can you ask how he is salty? He was not part of the organization during the time in which he is speaking so he has second hand knowledge and is speaking as if he was part of the process. It would be somewhat credible if he was int eh organization when this happened or explained how it was handed down from LaRussa to the organization and carried forward to his time.

He is failing to tell this part of the story which is pretty important. 

What?

The 1986 and 1987 rosters shared like 90% of the roster. McDowell was teammates with those players. Clearly from his time with the team and organization, and with those players, he learned this and is stating it. I have no idea why anyone thinks that because he didn't play that exact year that he could have no idea what was going on. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run