McDowell says White Sox/Larussa Cheated

Look at Ray Ray Run

Doesn’t it seem a little unlikely that there was a switch in the manager’s office that controlled a bulb on a sign in right center field?

Did they really run wire halfway round the stadium? Who was sitting in the manager’s office during games, watching the monitor, and signaling to the players with this switch? Wouldn’t it only be useful in night games? Wouldn’t a light blinking on and off during the game be noticeable?

I’m no LaRussa fan, and I agree that his head in the sand approach to steroids is laughable, but I can’t believe this allegation by McDowell.

13 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

FWIW, McDowell was supposed to be on with McNeil and Parkins back in October to tallk about how cheap JR is, but he cancelled the interview and never rescheduled.

Not sure what, if anything, to make of this.

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=119102

What does McDowell have to gain in any of this?

I think Black Jack is just upset he is the most prominent White Sox of his era the team didn’t welcome back with open arms. Ozzie and Robin managed, Big Hurt is an ambassador and does TV work, even grumpy Carlton Fisk is an ambassador. Bo Jackson the same. Tim Raines coached. he probably feels entitled to something, but it shows being a jackass to JR usually doesn’t pay off in the end.

Putting things in perspective, LaRussa was fired by Hawk before Jack had begun his junior year at Stanford, 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2020 at 9:06 PM, Dick Allen said:

I think Black Jack is just upset he is the most prominent White Sox of his era the team didn’t welcome back with open arms. Ozzie and Robin managed, Big Hurt is an ambassador and does TV work, even grumpy Carlton Fisk is an ambassador. Bo Jackson the same.

Interesting theory, but you have to wonder how much of that is Jack's fault.

Jack used to write a column for Yahoo,  and several years ago he wrote something regarding Gordon Beckham (I forget what it was about).  Anyway, Hawk ripped him on the air over it, saying "I've lost a lot of respect for Jack McDowell."  That's the worst thing I've ever heard Hawk say about any Sox player.  IIRC, Black Jack did a couple games with Hawk before this incident.

McDowell was invited back for the `93 reunion... he threw out the first pitch that day.

He's very opinionated and not afraid to speak his mind... just Jack being Jack.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...