SoxFest

tsak31

I haven’t been to SoxFest in a while and am bringing my 9-year-old son this year. I didn’t see a time or other info about the opening ceremony. Does anyone have information on this and any suggestions on what time to arrive to get seats for the opening ceremony? Any other advice for SoxFest? Can’t wait and my son is very excited.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tsak31 said:

I haven’t been to SoxFest in a while and am bringing my 9-year-old son this year. I didn’t see a time or other info about the opening ceremony. Does anyone have information on this and any suggestions on what time to arrive to get seats for the opening ceremony? Any other advice for SoxFest? Can’t wait and my son is very excited.

This year will be the first year in McCormick Place and that makes it a little harder to give great insight. I actually have never been on for the first day, but anything that is a seminar I've always seen plenty of space even in sellouts. So I wouldn't worry too much about getting seats  but even arriving 10-15 minutes prior to that should be fine (especially since it's starting 4pm on a friday)

Autographs/photos some other posters may need to give you info. People do lineup in advance for that, especially for popular players. So if there is anyone your son really wants to do that for you may want to clear out the hour prior.

I might be wrong, but there seems to be a lot more of these kids only and mini field things, so I don't know how easily accessible those will be but they look fun. The kids club press conference is always pretty cute.

Hopefully this helps. New place is kind of a wild card, seems like they added a lot more stuff concurrently so maybe it makes the player access easier. There's also a lot of merch stuff to check out.

Have fun with your son! I'll be there saturday. 

13 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

For anyone that’s going, what are you looking to get signed? I always look forward to seeing the pictures from SoxFest!

I want to get a game-used, barely contacted Yolmer Sanchez bat signed by him after he’s the surprise announcement of SoxFest.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I want to get a game-used, barely contacted Yolmer Sanchez bat signed by him after he’s the surprise announcement of SoxFest.

I made that Yolmer prediction on another post here. I think it would be very cool to happen, but on a low risk deal. I was at Sox Fest in 2013 & it was a blast. Have fun to those that are attending. 

14 hours ago, tsak31 said:

Enjoy, warms my heart to see new Sox fans and passing on the game from father to son.

7 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

For anyone that’s going, what are you looking to get signed? I always look forward to seeing the pictures from SoxFest!

I ran into Frank Thomas at my son’s little league game last year, and he took a picture with my son. I printed out the picture and hope we can get Big Hurt’s signature on it.

22 minutes ago, flavum said:

It’s strange that they don’t have anything about the opening ceremony on the SoxFest schedule on the Sox website, but I’ve seen a few other things such as this mention 3:00.  I’m going to go early and hope for the best. Go Sox!

On 1/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, mqr said:

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Woof. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think.  On one hand, Slate is not know for being a stalwart of great journalism, but on the other hand cops in local Florida jurisdictions haven't exactly shown to be unbiased when it comes to athletes.

1 hour ago, RTC said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think.  On one hand, Slate is not know for being a stalwart of great journalism, but on the other hand cops in local Florida jurisdictions haven't exactly shown to be unbiased when it comes to athletes.

Wow, first I saw of this too. I'd say it deserves it's own thread so we don't derail the soxfest one, but I'm sure that'd be a shitshow. FWIW, there is enough here (timely police report, some convincing evidence, large amount of friends testifying that there was a consistent story/consequences, etc) that this can not be easily dismissed at all. 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:57 AM, caulfield12 said:

Nothing new here, no means no. If you want to survive who but you looks out for you? I doubt Daryl will answer anything of substance. I never understood hanging out in bars even when my brother owned a local hot spot. Another prob is that 'friends' do these things as often as strangers. We condemn the criminal behavior of not respecting women. Only cowards do these things.

• Like 1