SoxFest

tsak31

15 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Anyone get any cool autographs or pictures this weekend?

Got a ball signed by Jose Contreras and a couple of other pictures with players. The lines were insanely long for big name players and if you didn't get in line almost 1.5 hours before the signing you had almost no shot. 

16 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Does anyone else think it’s weird when adults go up to get autographs and pictures? Seems like an activity for children only. 

There must be a lot of weird people out there. I would say that 90% of the fans  getting autographs at Soxfest today where  adults. The collectible hobby  is basically made up of adults.

17 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Does anyone else think it’s weird when adults go up to get autographs and pictures? Seems like an activity for children only. 

To each their own, but I tend to agree with you. 

If I had a specific piece of memorabilia that I wanted signed, I might consider it. If you’re gonna geek out, best to do it at a fan fest and not stalking a dude at a hotel. 

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

The only ones that bother me are the adults that push kids out of the way to get to foul balls. To each his own but that's over the top.

I remember going to SoxFest in the mid 90s and having big hurt sign a card. One day I thought I lost the card and I thought the world was ending. I literally felt sick to my stomach.

These days I look back fondly of that memory, but kind of think it’s funny we ask for another adult to use a marker and “draw” on a piece of paper or ball or card.

Before I sound holier than thou, I’m the same person who sat at the next table from Jennifer Aniston a few months ago in NYC and kept looking over like a 16y old boy.

10 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I remember going to SoxFest in the mid 90s and having big hurt sign a card. One day I thought I lost the card and I thought the world was ending. I literally felt sick to my stomach.

These days I look back fondly of that memory, but kind of think it’s funny we ask for another adult to use a marker and “draw” on a piece of paper or ball or card.

Before I sound holier than thou, I’m the same person who sat at the next table from Jennifer Aniston a few months ago in NYC and kept looking over like a 16y old boy.

We all have our "fanboy moment." Of all the professional athletes and others I've worked with, taping Gabriella Reece ankle and shoulder for an entire weekend tournament was outstanding.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ptatc said:

We all have our "fanboy moment." Of all the professional athletes and others I've worked with, taping Gabriella Reece ankle and shoulder for an entire weekend tournament was outstanding.

I once shared a bottle of champagne with my favourite childhood athlete - Stan Mikita.  He was in the backseat of a taxi with Brad Park.  I was in the front seat with Rod Gilbert.  I was the driver.  He passed the champagne to me after I had recounted him getting checked over the boards in the Montreal Forum many years before.  He disappeared when he went over the boards into the penalty box.  The camera remained focused on the spot.  He popped up and the serenaded the howling Canadiens fans like a conductor, before jumping back onto the ice.  Around 58 years ago.  Indelibly etched.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Anyone get any cool autographs or pictures this weekend?

Got quite a few actually, but it was a lot tougher than years past. Coolest things I managed to get signed were a Kopech signed Majestic jersey (they were 35% off at the team store), and a black Louisville Slugger bat with Robert, Moncada, Grandal, and Eloy.