SoxFest

tsak31

This isn't everything Soxfext related but some of it is because of the increased coverage of the Sox during Sox fest.

I always wondered why a Sox fan website like Soxtalk never has a pinned thread for news , blogs and articles about the Sox. Something for pics, links etc. I know anything that strikes someones fancy can be made into it's own thread but there are a lot of resources on the internet for Sox related news and as much as I scour the net looking for it, a busy week can go by and I fall behind. NBC sports Chicago is always good if you have their app or go to the website for Sox stuff to catch up on particularly around Soxfest.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/yasmani-grandal-effect-real-and-its-already-happening-white-sox

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/video/andrew-vaughn-wants-wild-thing-no-99-1989-film-major-league

Could it be a trend starting with the Abreu 79, Robert 88 and now maybe a Vaughn 99 ? The High Numbers Squad .

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/eloy-jimenez-has-high-praise-luis-robert-hes-going-be-next-mike-trout

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/video/cubs-are-nomar-mazaras-new-favorite-team-beat

Some of these videos from Soxfest are funny like Moncada answering a question about Abreu being a leader and a big brother by saying : "Because he's old !"

Grandal sitting between Eloy and Mazara and they get asked who is going to hit the most HR's ? Grandal points to both Eloy and Mazara but also says the question should be who is going to get the most walks, cuz walks means runs and runs win games. Funny but notice he said it sitting right between 2 guys who need to walk more. That's a leader. ALready a funny gentle nudge  about walking more and being more selective.

If you watch enough you see Garfien interviewing Sox players as they arrive, Dunning,Kopech, Yoan , Eloy, Timmy,Vaughn

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I always wondered why a Sox fan website like Soxtalk never has a pinned thread for news , blogs and articles about the Sox. Something for pics, links etc. I know anything that strikes someones fancy can be made into it's own thread but there are a lot of resources on the internet for Sox related news and as much as I scour the net looking for it, a busy week can go by and I fall behind. NBC sports Chicago is always good if you have their app or go to the website for Sox stuff to catch up on particularly around Soxfest.

The real answer is: one powerful individual dislikes threads that are just catch-all and prefers that discussion of interesting topics or articles is put into threads specific to each article. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The real answer is: one powerful individual dislikes threads that are just catch-all and prefers that discussion of interesting topics or articles is put into threads specific to each article. 

I know . I'm just wishing out loud for one place I can find a lot of Sox info instead of bookmarking 50 different places something like 2020 Sox articles from online newspapers, blogs ,sports websites, twitter, TV stations websites, FanGraphs, MLB Trade Rumors,White Sox,com etc. There are so many.

Of course some of that stuff will be repeated in hot topic threads but a lot is just fun stuff like the links I posted where a separate thread just takes up space on the front page for maybe less than a page of responses before it dies or opinions on our favorite or least favorite bloggers or tweeters.

Something like your one stop spot for everything White Sox. I think it would generate more traffic here and the links would generate more traffic for the other websites.

Maybe a creative person could make their own website for something like that . Probably make some money doing it. Imagine a place like that for every MLB , NHL, NBA and NFL team. Some type of app too like (Your team) Consolidated.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know . I'm just wishing out loud for one place I can find a lot of Sox info instead of bookmarking 50 different places something like 2020 Sox articles from online newspapers, blogs ,sports websites, twitter, TV stations websites, FanGraphs, MLB Trade Rumors,White Sox,com etc. There are so many.

Of course some of that stuff will be repeated in hot topic threads but a lot is just fun stuff like the links I posted where a separate thread just takes up space on the front page for maybe less than a page of responses before it dies or opinions on our favorite or least favorite bloggers or tweeters.

Something like your one stop spot for everything White Sox. I think it would generate more traffic here and the links would generate more traffic for the other websites.

Maybe a creative person could make their own website for something like that . Probably make some money doing it. Imagine a place like that for every MLB , NHL, NBA and NFL team. Some type of app too like (Your team) Consolidated.

That's what Bleacher Report is supposed to be, it just has its own operational issues 

Regarding adults getting autographs, it really ruins the Soxfest experience. I took my kid and he had a blast. He has also been admiring his autographed photos of Frank Thomas and Tim Anderson since then. With that said, the kids only autograph sessions (which went fast!) did not feature enough of the big name players so we spent the vast majority of the day waiting in broader autograph lines. It also creates huge obstacles throughout the venue when trying to get around constant queues spilling into the walkways.

My son's friend (and dad) joined us so we let the kids run around and play games while we stood in line for them, but it really sucked. They could have made a lot more money off me if they gave me liberty to roam and eat, drink, etc. I know I am a grumpy old man, but no way I ever go to one of those things again.