Ozuna signs w/ Atlanta

soxfan49

16 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Don't get the Braves giving up a draft pick for 1 year of Ozuna at all. 

They got one from Donaldson so it's pretty much a wash.

Echoing the sentiments of many here, but it Castellanos is going to just get one year the Sox should definitely be in on him.

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

They got one from Donaldson so it's pretty much a wash.

Echoing the sentiments of many here, but it Castellanos is going to just get one year the Sox should definitely be in on him.

He’s going to get more than one year from everything I’ve heard 

7 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

That still leaves 5 OF going into opening day with their two top prospects being OF's expected to join the team this year, possibly by midseason 

They could easily dump Adam Duvall, leaving them with Ozuna, Inciarte, Acuna, and Markakis.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/marcell-ozuna-deal-with-braves

“Ozuna will serve as the Braves’ everyday left fielder. So the team will now decide how to best utilize Nick Markakis and Adam Duvall, who had been projected to platoon at the position. Duvall will come to camp on a non-guaranteed contract. But with the new rule of a 26-man roster, there still could be room for these outfielders.

Markakis could occasionally spell Ozuna in left field or Ronald Acuña Jr. in right field. And when facing some left-handed starters, it may make more sense to use Duvall in right field and have Acuña play center field in place of the lefty-hitting Ender Inciarte.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Think the Cubs would be willing to have Waters as the headliner?  I don't see the Braves letting Pache go for almost anyone.  He's the type that could be a top 5 prospect by mid season.  

Yep, Waters and Ian Anderson to go with Riley

13 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

Wouldnt want to give up the draft pick, however 1 year and 18mm is a nice deal. Maybe Castanellos is available for a very similar figure...... definitely pull that trigger if so. 

I'd be on board for a one year deal for Castellanos, but I do not see it happening after the Mazara trade. 

• Like 1