A look back at the perfecto

ron883

5 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

Wow, they almost never hit the ball on the ground this game. I think I counted 2 ground outs?  Not including the bunt..

There were 4. The first 2 batters of the game, then one in the 7th and one in the 8th.

I remember getting a text from my friend when this happened that just said "Who the hell is Phillip Humber?" I didn't see the game so at first I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

Also interesting that they never showed a good side shot of that last out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Wow, I remember exactly where I was for this - working my crappy part-time job at Sports Authority. I remember getting a text he was perfect through 7, and my Cubs fan manager wouldn't switch to the tv's from the Cubs game no matter how much I begged. Ridiculous. 

Not even for the 9th? That's absurd. 

I remember I was in college, I had a double header of my own in the morning and I woke up from a nap in my dorm room around the 5th or 6th. Started watching the game in my boxers. He kept getting outs and I refused to move from my bed to put on clothes or even walk over to get my phone to text anyone. Despite the fact that my phone was vibrating constantly as the game got into the 8th and 9th. A few Sox fans on my college team. We talked about it constantly that night and the next day. Good times. 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:43 PM, Richie said:

Not even for the 9th? That's absurd. 

I remember I was in college, I had a double header of my own in the morning and I woke up from a nap in my dorm room around the 5th or 6th. Started watching the game in my boxers. He kept getting outs and I refused to move from my bed to put on clothes or even walk over to get my phone to text anyone. Despite the fact that my phone was vibrating constantly as the game got into the 8th and 9th. A few Sox fans on my college team. We talked about it constantly that night and the next day. Good times. 

I did something similar with Buehrle's perfecto. I was 45 minutes late to a meeting with an admissions advisor for Elmhurst college because I did not want to turn off the radio in my car. They didn't find it amusing, and also happened to be a Cubs fan. Didn't make much difference though, I still ended up going there.

• Like 1